Gibson Brands Forums

Is one of my humbuckers broken?

grandmaster

I was told when you tap a humbucker with a pick while plugged in to an amp it will make a sound from the amp, so I tried this, and the back one did, but the front wrong didn't. Does this mean it is broken? Many thanks.

Turn off the back one and see if the other one plays

I tried the volume dials. 1 works the other doesn't so I assume the pick up has had it.

As already asked, are you using the pup selector switch correctly? The neck pup (the front one) will only work if you have the switch in the middle or up position. If it's in the middle position, you have to make sure the volume knob for the bridge pup (the back one) is not turned all the way down. If it is the neck pup won't work.

Even if you have done all this, it does not mean your pup is "broken". It could just be a lose wire. It could be the pot is not working correctly. If I was you, I'd have someone with a little more experience look at it.

Ah yeah that got it to work :) thanks all.

Glad to have helped. You wouldn't believe the number of times members around here have helped me. [biggrin]

Ah yes, the Great Epi Lounge; Where everything is solved except peace on earth......[thumbup] ...

[lol][rolleyes]

Archived