Gibson Brands Forums

fleet foxes

Silenced Fred

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fleet Foxes and Bon Iver are great.

I really have to be in the right mood to listen to them though. I really appreciate the guitar but the vocals can be hit or miss with me.

I sink into super hipster/borderline depression mode when I listen to either of em. usually it has to be shitty weather, or weird weather, and I go through like 5x the amount of tea I normally drink

Bon Iver is seriously awesome, and in my top 5 for greatest albums of 2011.

Its great music to write papers to because its just chill and mellow. If you aren't paying attention it seems super simple, but if you listen, there are tons of things going on at the same time. Blows. My. Hipster. Mind.

No thanks. Too soft, too "chill," too gutless. I can't be bothered.

I've been listening to almost nothing but Clutch for the past two days. Groovy sludge-rock for the win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPlg_Dshdcc

Also I've been drunk for the past two days. Sorry if I seem drunk.

How boring and lame is this....whatever, enjoy your "music".......

No thanks. Too soft, too "chill," too gutless. I can't be bothered.

I've been listening to almost nothing but Clutch for the past two days. Groovy sludge-rock for the win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPlg_Dshdcc

Also I've been drunk for the past two days. Sorry if I seem drunk.

Clutch is working with a Fort Collins brewery to make their own beer... pretty cool

If you really like Fleet Foxes....here´s my favorite:

This is one of my favorite songs from them as well. I need to start listening to more live stuff from them. Not sure if I've said it before, but I'm so pissed I'm missing Wilco with Fleet Foxes opening for them. So pissed. So angry. So pissed

This is one of my favorite songs from them as well. I need to start listening to more live stuff from them. Not sure if I've said it before, but I'm so pissed I'm missing Wilco with Fleet Foxes opening for them. So pissed. So angry. So pissed

You should try to find some footage of this gig at Rockpalast here in Germany, an amazing performance!

I listen to Fleet Foxes with a nice Pat's Philly sub, IPA beer, a bottle of vodka, a capo on an S.G., two Gretsch guitars within arms reach,

and with the Gibby Lounge on my screen reading "Discuss" threads before they disappear..............:blink: [woot][cool] .....Dad Rock..................

Thanks man, it´s one of the greatest guitars i played so far.A lovely CP Jazzmaster...and my current 1st lady.

Yeah man. Enjoy it.

Whaddaya play that sexy lady thru? I'd bet it woud wsound awesome thruough an Egrnator Rebel. [thumbup]

EDIT: Nevermi d. I just saw you have a Vox A3C0. thas an aweSome anmp-. Fukc yeha!!!!!!!!

Yeah man. Enjoy it.

Whaddaya play that sexy lady thru? I'd bet it woud wsound awesome thruough an Egrnator Rebel. [thumbup]

Sure it would, i guess.But i just have an AC30.A new one with Greebacks.Amazing amp, but i feel like i have to get a Deluxe Reverb also...

With the AC30 and a Big Muff it´s a killer combination!

Sure it would, i guess.But i just have an AC30.A new one with Greebacks.Amazing amp, but i feel like i have to get a Deluxe Reverb also...

With the AC30 and a Big Muff it´s a killer combination!

You're my new best friend on this forum [wub]

I want a Jazzmaster real bad, along with an AC30.

Dude, you have to try the Dwarfcraft Devices Baby Thundaa or Eau Claire Thunder (same pedal, just difference in box/switches) its like 5 bajillion times better than your standard EHX Big Muff

Jazzmasters and Fleet Foxes? Let's party! [biggrin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT6-WeLpHIM&feature=related

This popped up along with the Fleet Foxes vids... Dude, this Rockpalast has amazing quality. I am amazed [thumbup]

OK...I do like me some Band of Horses. [thumbup] They're one of the best contemporary thrash metal bands. [lol]

(It was a joke. I was making a joke. Band of Horses is most definitely NOT thrash emtal. But I still like them.s.)_

I'm super hot on the Soda Meiser right now for the muff flavored fuzz. It's definately not a big muff though but omg I love it.

But as far as classic muff sounds go my favorite is my Skreddy Supa Tone. It has some supa dank toan.

Yeah that's right were talkin about big muffs now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT6-WeLpHIM&feature=related

This popped up along with the Fleet Foxes vids... Dude, this Rockpalast has amazing quality. I am amazed [thumbup]

The Rockpalast is real famous here in Europe.Lots of the great heros in the 70´s played there.I think on the 1st show ever it was Rory Gallagher and even ZZ Top played there.

By the way, if you want a nice Jazzmaster for not that much money, than grab a Squier CV J Mascis.

The Rockpalast is real famous here in Europe.Lots of the great heros in the 70´s played there.I think on the 1st show ever it was Rory Gallagher and even ZZ Top played there.

By the way, if you want a nice Jazzmaster for not that much money, than grab a Squier CV J Mascis.

It seems pretty rad man, awesome place for concerts.

I'm kind of a snob about jazzmasters and I'm saving up for an AVRi

It seems pretty rad man, awesome place for concerts.

I'm kind of a snob about jazzmasters and I'm saving up for an AVRi

Yeah, originally i wanted to buy an AVRi Jazzmaster, but unfortunately i´m not a big fan of those vintage frets.So i got a Classic Player Jazzy....

Yeah, originally i wanted to buy an AVRi Jazzmaster, but unfortunately i´m not a big fan of those vintage frets.So i got a Classic Player Jazzy....

I like the vintage frets, and I personally don't care for how close the tremolo is to the bridge in the CP, much prefer the standard length of the AVRis

I like the vintage frets, and I personally don't care for how close the tremolo is to the bridge in the CP, much prefer the standard length of the AVRis

But believe me, you have no problems with the CP´s.No slipping strings and no need for a bridge replacement.

Archived