Gibson Brands Forums

fleet foxes

Silenced Fred

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it's more like the difference between good and great than good and bad really. If you turn the tone knob up around or past about 3 o'clock then a regular muff can cut through pretty decently. But it cuts through a lot better without the mid scoop.

I see how it sounds silly that others make better Big Muffs than EHX but EHX is not what it used to be. They have apparently always had poor quality control and when you add the fact that they're mass producing the stuff and outsourcing to China, it's obvious that a small company run by a guy who actually understands what goes into making a perfect sounding Big Muff can turn out a much better product.

Current EHX is kinda like taco bell. You get full and it looks like a taco. Skreddy is like a little hole in the wall Mexican place. The tacos are made by mexicans who love tacos. They have these rad special Mexican tricks and they use quality ingredients. And woah. That hole in the wall isn't even that expensive when you look around a bit. But alas, Taco Bell sells all the tacos.

O_O

This might be the best analogy for custom builders out there.

Dub is like your friend's mom who makes the best casserole out there, and you always see if you can stay for dinner because she's making casserole.

and she's hot.

like dub [biggrin]

btw, we gotta get those girls THIS WEEK MAN!

That reminds me, tomorrow is Dollar Taco night at one of our local Mexican restaurants. They make the Bomb shredded beef tacos. [thumbup]=P~

Awh hell yeah. I'm all about the al pastor myself. I seriously ate so much al pastor one time... I'm not even gonna tell you what happened. All I can say is it made me bleed for a few days.. We're talking like at least 5 pounds of Mexican food in my gizzard. I have learned some control since then and all is well.

Fred I'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean but I approve of it. And yes. She will be mine. I wished upon a shooting star. At least I think it was a shooting star.. I kinda saw it out of the corner of my eye. But it's the thought that counts right?

I'm pretty sure you're kinda trolling now, but seriously, contact small builders, and ask if they could build you a rams head clone. It would probably be around 100-150 bucks, and you would get to specify the kind of enclosure, artwork, knobs, etc. and in all seriousness, you would probably cry from the awesomeness.

Awh hell yeah. I'm all about the al pastor myself. I seriously ate so much al pastor one time... I'm not even gonna tell you what happened. All I can say is it made me bleed for a few days.. We're talking like at least 5 pounds of Mexican food in my gizzard. I have learned some control since then and all is well.

Fred I'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean but I approve of it. And yes. She will be mine. I wished upon a shooting star. At least I think it was a shooting star.. I kinda saw it out of the corner of my eye. But it's the thought that counts right?

[blink][scared][blink][scared][blink]

Onto the second part of your comment...

This is true. the thought is what counts. and how much you want it.

Top shelf liquor for this girl, and a nice steak. This ain't no applebee's 2 for 20 deal, this is serious

You'd love it up here in Big Bear. I swear we have the best Mexican food on the planet, I couldn't find better in San Diego and we were looking. Nothing as authentic as we have, and we have at least four Mexican places that are owned an operated by Mexicans from Mexico. MMMmmmmm

I'm pretty sure you're kinda trolling now, but seriously, contact small builders, and ask if they could build you a rams head clone. It would probably be around 100-150 bucks, and you would get to specify the kind of enclosure, artwork, knobs, etc. and in all seriousness, you would probably cry from the awesomeness.

Please name some good clones!

I would be very interested in improving my sound/tone....

That rams head was HAWT.

If you want a custom built one like this I'd recommend Rhythym & Detonation. But my #1 recommendation is Skreddy Pedals. They are the bee's knees. Second is stompunderfoot.

That rams head was HAWT.

If you want a custom built one like this I'd recommend Rhythym & Detonation. But my #1 recommendation is Skreddy Pedals. They are the bee's knees. Second is stompunderfoot.

Thanks, but that will be hard to find them here in Germany...

You'd love it up here in Big Bear. I swear we have the best Mexican food on the planet, I couldn't find better in San Diego and we were looking. Nothing as authentic as we have, and we have at least four Mexican places that are owned an operated by Mexicans from Mexico. MMMmmmmm

That sounds awesome. I REALLY love Mexican food.

I've eaten with some Mexican people who actually moved back to Mexico now. They made the best Mexican food I've ever had. It was seriously amazing. I might marry a Mexican chick because they cook amazing feasts for their husbands like every night.

Thanks, but that will be hard to find them here in Germany...

You really can't find them anywhere in the states either. I bought mine based on YouTube demos and word of mouth and I couldn't be happier. If you decide you don't like it (which you wouldn't) you could sell it used for full price. That alone should tell you that it's good!

Gyps I'm sure you guys probably have some good makers in your country so you might search around a bit, most of us boys in the states probably wouldn't know a good builder in your neck of the woods. See if you can possibly locate an old Russian Big Muff and give it a go. Wish I could give you more help, hard to leave another AC30 player hanging!

Gyps I'm sure you guys probably have some good makers in your country so you might search around a bit, most of us boys in the states probably wouldn't know a good builder in your neck of the woods. See if you can possibly locate an old Russian Big Muff and give it a go. Wish I could give you more help, hard to leave another AC30 player hanging!

Yeah, i think i´ll try one of the black Muffs...and search...

You really can't find them anywhere in the states either. I bought mine based on YouTube demos and word of mouth and I couldn't be happier. If you decide you don't like it (which you wouldn't) you could sell it used for full price. That alone should tell you that it's good!

I found one guy who should probably build me a Rams Head...will see how much he wants...thanks anyway!

I like the greeeeeeeeeeens

Me too. Well, I haven't played an actual green Muff, but I really liked my EQD Hoof.

I'll build you a greeny if you want. I have some Muff pcbs and one of them is just begging to be turned into a green Muff. Plus I can add a mids control if you want.

Btw your super secret destructo fuzz master should be ready this week. I'm screenprinting it Wednesday and the transistor for the mod should definately come in the mail this week. I'm not gonna lie I don't want to give it to you. I'm building myself one ASAP.

Me too. Well, I haven't played an actual green Muff, but I really liked my EQD Hoof.

I'll build you a greeny if you want. I have some Muff pcbs and one of them is just begging to be turned into a green Muff. Plus I can add a mids control if you want.

Btw your super secret destructo fuzz master should be ready this week. I'm screenprinting it Wednesday and the transistor for the mod should definately come in the mail this week. I'm not gonna lie I don't want to give it to you. I'm building myself one ASAP.

I'm going to wait on the next pedal, I have a certain 60's acoustic finally all fixed up I need to go pick up/pay for the work done :) I'm super stoked about Project: OP, don't tease me about keeping it!

I might have to talk to you about a green muff... But I keep spending money I should be putting towards the ****

I'm going to wait on the next pedal, I have a certain 60's acoustic finally all fixed up I need to go pick up/pay for the work done :) I'm super stoked about Project: OP, don't tease me about keeping it!

Ooooohhhhh did you get the acoustic yet? You gotta post a thread about it.

Haha it's ok I ordered parts to build myself one with the last part for yours. That fuzz revolutionized my two piece haha. I play bass now.

Btw you have a 9v DC center negative power supply (like a onespot) right?

Ooooohhhhh did you get the acoustic yet? You gotta post a thread about it.

Haha it's ok I ordered parts to build myself one with the last part for yours. That fuzz revolutionized my two piece haha. I play bass now.

Btw you have a 9v DC center negative power supply (like a onespot) right?

Yeah I've got a big onespot daisy chain combo. The acoustic is finally done (he just sent me an e-mail yesterday) I just don't have the time to make a 5 hour round trip during business hours until the week after Thanksgiving so I'll be going to pick it up after that. I'll either update the pawn shop thread with the after pics or just add it to my Sonic Thread. I'm getting more excited about that fuzz by the day.

Yeah I've got a big onespot daisy chain combo. The acoustic is finally done (he just sent me an e-mail yesterday) I just don't have the time to make a 5 hour round trip during business hours until the week after Thanksgiving so I'll be going to pick it up after that. I'll either update the pawn shop thread with the after pics or just add it to my Sonic Thread. I'm getting more excited about that fuzz by the day.

get a pickup for that acoustic, and then run it into your amp through fuzz.

you will sh*t bricks once you learn to control feedback of that quantity

get a pickup for that acoustic, and then run it into your amp through fuzz.

you will sh*t bricks once you learn to control feedback of that quantity

I'm pretty ignorant about pickups for acoustics, what are some decent ones?

Archived