Gibson Brands Forums

HAD A GREAT WEEKEND

LPguitarman

Had a great weekend (musically).

Saturday, watched my daughter perform in the St. Louis Area Honor Choir. Beautiful... [biggrin]

Sunday, traveled 80 miles with my two sons to jam with some friends they made through a previous drummer. They were also twins and their dad played too. Everyone is heavy into RUSH. The twin friends played drums, guitar, and one sang. The dad, like me, plays guitars and sings. They were awesome at RUSH and just about any other thing we could throw at them. It was really great to be able to jam with a drummer and singer that could pull off Rush. Made me and my sons' play even better having the right tempo and the vocals to follow. The only drawback was the hour and 20 minute drive and not being able to bring all of our equipment because of my small car.(we used their amps). But it was worth it for the fun we had. [thumbup]

You gonna do it again?

Curious: only one of the twins can sing?

Finding a drummer that can do RUSH and do a good job sounds darned near impossible. IMO, it is the fills and the way he puts them in context and does them so tightly that really makes the Rush deal work.

Sounds like a good time. RUSH seems like a pretty hard band to "jam" to. Did you guys jam on any groove oriented music?

BTW, don't be too offended by the small response. Probably everyone who's been posting here awhile has had that experience at least once. I know I have many times [sad]

Thanks for all the comments guys. I know how the forum works... I was just bringing it forward again to get some reaction, and it worked.

Yes it was a rare occasion. Even the dad could play and sing RUSH. The twins, one played drums only, the other played guitar, sang and even played drums, though not as good as his brother, but still good enough to get through some of the songs. Next time I'll see if I can use my wife's SUV to bring more of our equipment. But that will be a tough one to pull off.

Archived