Gibson Brands Forums

How About a Dave Grohl Epi???

hbomb76

The DG-335 guitar is very playable, incredible sounding and versatile as you'd ever need. Plus, come on, it's PELHAM BLUE! With Dave being such an influential artist (AND one who really pushes for people to play rock-n-roll in general), how about Epiphone putting out an affordable version of this guitar? I'm not even really a "hollowbody" guy, but I'd definitely put one of those in my arsenal. :)

H

• 3 weeks later...

I think they could definetly make a proper Trini Lopez (that goes for Gibson aswell, bound diamond holes, How hard could it be?)

As for the hole DG335 thing… it is a Trini Lopez Standard, not a DG335. As for Pelham blue, I love it on old Guitars because with time it gets darker… but on brand new guitars I think it looks too bright.

My 2 cents

Every Trini Lopez I've ever seen had a trapeze tail. The DG335 has a stop-bar.

Good point. And of course I think it's also an important distinction they call it the "Inspired by Dave Grohl" not the "Dave Grohl Signature Model."

The Trini Lopez deluxe was based on the Barney Kesel and every "signature" Les Paul, Slash to Chad Kroeger is based on a guitar that's already itself a signature model, so there's a lot of crossover in the Gibson family.

The Trini Lopez deluxe was based on the Barney Kesel.

Dave's is based on the Trini Lopez Standard, which is in turn based on the ES-335.

On a side note, you can see Dave playing a vintage Trini Lopez in the video for "Walk". (As well as Pat Smear playing a vintage Barnel Kessel. Coincidence?!?!? :-k )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PkcfQtibmU

Archived