Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Hummingbird artist

voughtrazer

I bought this guitar a couple of days ago in guitar center, they had some deals that I wanted to check, I had just 200 dollars in my pocket, just in case I wanted something small, not a guitar or an amp, and as I was trying all of the acoustics I saw this guitar, the Epiphone Hummingbird artist (used) for only 120 bucks plus a cheap gig bag to get her in one piece, I saw it as a pretty sweet deal. After I arrived home I began to check from were is the guitar from, but it's quite hard for me to find the factory in which it was made, just by curiosity, but the serial number is giving me a hard time, it will be very helpful The serial number is 10112320596. Here are some pictures of the guitar.1000347w.jpg1000351p.jpg

I bought this guitar a couple of days ago in guitar center, they had some deals that I wanted to check, I had just 200 dollars in my pocket, just in case I wanted something small, not a guitar or an amp, and as I was trying all of the acoustics I saw this guitar, the Epiphone Hummingbird artist (used) for only 120 bucks plus a cheap gig bag to get her in one piece, I saw it as a pretty sweet deal. After I arrived home I began to check from were is the guitar from, but it's quite hard for me to find the factory in which it was made, just by curiosity, but the serial number is giving me a hard time, it will be very helpful The serial number is 10112320596.

very useful site: Guitar Dater Project:

http://guitardaterproject.org/epiphone.aspx

Does the Hummingbird Artist come with a solid top? And is it spruce? The website says it is all select mahogany body, but the above picture doesn't look like a mahogany top to me....

according to MF, it's a solid spruce top with laminate mahogany back and sides. I actually never really looked at it, but am thinking it might satisfy my GAS for a southern jumbo, hmmm

• 3 weeks later...

I had one of these a few months ago. I thought it was a really nice sounding and playing guitar. Looked great also. I had a chance to get a Masterbilt AJ500M, so I traded(with a couple more dollars). The Epi Humingbird Artist is a nice guitar for the money.

Archived