Gibson Brands Forums

New and rare recordings of Robert Johnson discovered

Duende

Sorry; I am in a playful mood [scared] - But this is really by a Robert Johnson and he also played the lute, the predecessor to the guitar, so there is a link!! [flapper] but he was white and English - so the similarities end there

This is the amazing Julian Bream playing a Fantasia by Robert Johnson

Could you find something a bit more boring...? I don't think so... :blink:

I kind of like that comment Dave my good man, because we are all so different! I love renaissance lute music [thumbup] and the this piece...The only music i get bored with is rock and pop. I could live forever on this [biggrin]

Matt

I kind of like that comment Dave my good man, because we are all so different! I love renaissance lute music [thumbup] and the this piece...The only music i get bored with is rock and pop. I could live forever on this [biggrin]

Matt

Hahahah, hijhijihijhiij... thought you would like that... :rolleyes:

One of my all time favorite groups was Gentle Giant... They did Reiaissance Rock! Not boring at all, actually quite exciting...!!

^^^ that is a really cool clip.

I love that medieval feel in songs, like these one.

Later in the song they get to these strummed chord and other sorts of things that hark of some medieval time... that or an old school Western movie! [flapper] I wonder if you get my meaning (?).

Semi-related

I have a radio on in my room set to a classical station 24/7. I was reading a book, and something piqued my interest. The 100% classical station, was playing none other than Come on In My Kitchen by Robert Johnson. Can't mistake his impassioned strains anywhere. Just found it peculiar (and great!)

Archived