Gibson Brands Forums

New to the forum

guitarguy1

Hello, I,m new here but I love guitars and love to talk about them. I play proffessionaly with acoustic and electric but most of my gigs used to be acoustic. Now it's different because you need presence to stand out in a venue. I purchased from a friend, a 60s b45 12 that had been re-fitted with a square neck and was set up to play Hawaiian. It had a Sennhieser internal mike and a low impeadence pickup with a 5pin din plug on the butt. The nut and sadle are brass. I removed the 3 high strings on the lower 4th,5th, and 6th courses. It took me a couple of years to get used to it but because I paid a grand for it I felt I could'nt give up. Then I replaced the juryrig puckups with a L.R.Baggs M1 active pickup and it sounds so much better. I'm so glad I did'nt give up on it because it is a big hit with the audiences. Nobody has a squareneck 12 around here. I call it Squareneck Bob. I tune it to B,F#,B,F#B,F#,D#. Thats low B. It is a gas to play. Love that slide.

Just out of curiosity, Does any one have any info on the J-45 celebrity model that they only made 90 of? I found one in a small luthiers shop and fell in love with it but there is no info or history on line except that it was made.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, Guitarguy1post-37788-065499300 1322019822_thumb.jpg

Hello, I,m new here but I love guitars and love to talk about them. I play proffessionaly with acoustic and electric but most of my gigs used to be acoustic. Now it's different because you need presence to stand out in a venue. I purchased from a friend, a 60s b45 12 that had been re-fitted with a square neck and was set up to play Hawaiian. It had a Sennhieser internal mike and a low impeadence pickup with a 5pin din plug on the butt. The nut and sadle are brass. I removed the 3 high strings on the lower 4th,5th, and 6th courses. It took me a couple of years to get used to it but because I paid a grand for it I felt I could'nt give up. Then I replaced the juryrig puckups with a L.R.Baggs M1 active pickup and it sounds so much better. I'm so glad I did'nt give up on it because it is a big hit with the audiences. Nobody has a squareneck 12 around here. I call it Squareneck Bob. I tune it to B,F#,B,F#B,F#,D#. Thats low B. It is a gas to play. Love that slide.

Just out of curiosity, Does any one have any info on the J-45 celebrity model that they only made 90 of? I found one in a small luthiers shop and fell in love with it but there is no info or history on line except that it was made.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, Guitarguy1post-37788-065499300 1322019822_thumb.jpg

VERY cool guitar!

Welcome....good guys in here.

Archived