Gibson Brands Forums

Picked me up a 1999 - 2000 unused baseball glove

duane v

Now that one of the longest girls softball season is officially over, my poor Rawlings HOH finally started splitting between the finger welts and had to be sent out for repair, which is gonna cost about $120 [cursing]

Anywhoo, I had been looking for a new glove for some time, because my older Nokonas really shouldn't be everyday gloves because I want to maintain them, plus my daughter hammers on them enough as it is [biggrin] .... Well I came across this rare beauty... A 2000 Rawlings PRO 2IOT HOH [thumbup] ... From what I can find, there were only two of these gloves made in 1999 and I got this bad boy at a smoking deal.

KGrHqQOKnEE7D8TqIgvBOmDwScVg60_12.jpg

KGrHqNh0E682SRfGWBOmE6Kkp60_12.jpg

KGrHqZHJBkE63VtkvRHBOmEcS1Q60_12.jpg

KGrHqNjcE656vjZthBOmF6Y9Gw60_12.jpg

Nice glove. I used to use Wilson's back when I was playing.

Back in high-school I used the Mizuno World Wins and a Amos Otis Rawlings..... I jumped into Nokonas because of the light weight and durability..... Never had a Wilson, but a ton of players were using the A2000 series Wilson which were great gloves

That is like the Gibson of gloves.

Brings back memories. Baseball used to be my sport. I remember how hard it was to find "the" glove, and how long it would take to break them in.

How long do you think that one will take?

Break-in time is usually pretty substantial, especially if its Horween leather, which I am trying to confirm if this glove is in fact Horween.

My glove that is going into the shop is made from Horween (see image) and is still a stiff sucker... I just wish I had taken better care of it... but it will be on the mend with new piping, moisturized and re-stitched where the thread let go

hoh1.jpg

hoh3.jpg

YES!!! I can almost smell the clay on that one. Still looks stiff. I can't believe it stays open like that.

The new one looks soft enough already to close with just a little effort.

Cool you are into gloves. I could not be able to tell what glove was what, but the a200 sounds familiar. I think I might have had one. I liked Rawlings better than Wilson, but I think I ended up with a Wilson once because it was just that good.

That new one you got looks familiar to me as well. I think I got one of those once because even though it was fairly stiff and didn't close exactly where I wanted it to, was closing well for me new. And I think the one lasted me 2 seasons.

I was a kid though-I quit playing in HS. I didn't realize it at the time, but my eyesight was making it to where I could,'t pick up the ball as the speeds got more like pro and the astigmatism got worse.

Well Duane from what I can tell the big issue here is whether that Horween was finished in India or not. Consequently we'll have to confiscate all of your gloves including your relic'd Rawlings and Mizunos.

In fact all your leather gear must be taken into custody. This includes but is not limited to shoes, belts, jackets, pants and sex swings.

Any leather without proper paperwork shall be deemed property of the Fish and Wild Hair Up Our Butt Commission.msp_flapper.gif

I always used Mizuno gloves for playing second base

My parents purchased me a Mizuno World Win GIC4 "The Close" model in high school and that glove was over $100 in 1980.... I had that glove all the way up to 1994 until my dog made a leather snack of it [cursing]

You're not allowed to play baseball or any sport that might hurt those valuable hands of yours!!!!! [biggrin]

LOL

Not you as well!

when I see my friend Jim (who is 6ft and about 250 lbs) the under dog challenge of taking him always beckons...Don't get me wrong,I always lose; but If Rocky can beat Drago then surely I win against Jim [biggrin] Suzie is NEVER impressed!

Matt

My parents purchased me a Mizuno World Win GIC4 "The Close" model in high school and that glove was over $100 in 1980.... I had that glove all the way up to 1994 until my dog made a leather snack of it [cursing]

i forget the model i had, but i got it at some super clearance sale thing, originally like 200 bucks down to like 50 because it was last year's model and it had a scratch on the leather.

i had one mitt get chewed up by a dog... terrible terrible thing

Archived