Gibson Brands Forums

Sully Number 2

Buc McMaster

I bought one of Sully's straps two or three years ago and it's done nothing but improve with age......really quality hand-made stuff. I check his website every once in awhile to see what might be available in southpaw. Found this beauty there last week and just couldn't help myself....

Sully_No_2.jpg

If you dig one-off kind of stuff that no one else has you can't do better than one of Sully's leather creations! Merry Christmas everyone!

On a side note, my rendition of Oh Darling is coming along quite well. Took me a bit to find the right key that I could vocally wail on but I found it!

I bought one of Sully's straps two or three years ago and it's done nothing but improve with age......really quality hand-made stuff. I check his website every once in awhile to see what might be available in southpaw. Found this beauty there last week and just couldn't help myself....

I had my eye on that strap, too. He made a great lefty strap for my L-00 and delivered it in person (he and his wife were in town for some conference). Great guy and great straps.

Anne

Sully's Straps

He makes new straps using new leather as well as rummaging around old tack shops and the like to find old leather to make his "vintage" straps. The stuff he makes from old harnesses and reins is really nice.....old, broken-in leather. What he has in vintage changes........keep an eye out for one you like.

They look good - I saw your earlier thread. Needful!

I bought a great wide home-made strap from a hippy couple at a market years ago - still have it. Went back another time and bought some slip-on shoes from them and after that they were gone - never to return.

These remind me of the earlier straps.

BluesKing777.

Sully's Straps

He makes new straps using new leather as well as rummaging around old tack shops and the like to find old leather to make his "vintage" straps. The stuff he makes from old harnesses and reins is really nice.....old, broken-in leather. What he has in vintage changes........keep an eye out for one you like.

Thanks for the link. Cool straps.

Archived