Gibson Brands Forums

Cheap Standard/Traditional Les Paul

Work in Progress

I went into Best Buy today and happened to check out the instrument department. I noticed they were selling LP Traditionals for $1,700 USD. That's about 25% off the standard $2,300 price tag. They were selling LP Standards for $1,900. Both were new, out of the box. Anyone else see this deal?

WIP

Yeah, my dealer sells them, in that range. Always has... [thumbup]

CB

I went into Best Buy today and happened to check out the instrument department. I noticed they were selling LP Traditionals for $1,700 USD. That's about 25% off the standard $2,300 price tag. They were selling LP Standards for $1,900. Both were new, out of the box. Anyone else see this deal?

WIP

That's pretty wild, Best Buys around here {ohio} don't have instrument depts. Two yrs ago, my LP 2008 Standard cost me $2700.00 at Sam Ash and I worked them hard for that price. TC

That's pretty wild, Best Buys around here {ohio} don't have instrument depts. Two yrs ago, my LP 2008 Standard cost me $2700.00 at Sam Ash and I worked them hard for that price. TC

After I saw this I went out to my Best Buy to look for one. Mine doesn't even sell guitars in their instrument department.

They aren't on the website, which I found weird. Not all Best Buys have an instrument department but mine does. I was shocked by the price. I can only assume that doesn't include the case?? I also saw a brand spankin' new ES-335 for like $1,700 or so! The guy said the sale is only lasting until 12/31 so I'm going to seriously consider buying something. Unfortunately, they only had the Traditional in Desert Burst (really want Iced Tea or Light) and the Standard was only available in Cherry Burst.

They aren't on the website, which I found weird. Not all Best Buys have an instrument department but mine does. I was shocked by the price. I can only assume that doesn't include the case?? I also saw a brand spankin' new ES-335 for like $1,700 or so! The guy said the sale is only lasting until 12/31 so I'm going to seriously consider buying something. Unfortunately, they only had the Traditional in Desert Burst (really want Iced Tea or Light) and the Standard was only available in Cherry Burst.

I'm having a hard time believing an ES-335 is only $1,700.

You said 1799 not 1699 but add in taxes and your at online pricing easy at either AMS, or Musicians Friend. I just went to price and through a link and currently the traditionals on AMS are 2100 which is a few hundred more than two weeks ago.

edit:... I know that Best Buy is getting out of the music business except for certain stores and lower priced items. Talked to guy who used to work for me at best buy, its not as profitable for them as they originally thought it would be.

I thought I said $1700 for the Traditional? Who knows... But yeah, I heard the same thing about Best Buy getting out of the instrument business and thus why they can sell their stock for so low.

Doesn't AMS or Musicians Friend add in the state/local tax when you input the shipping address on the online order? I know GC does. I need some sort of alert sent to my phone when any retailer prices their LPs/PRS/335 "extremely" low (Dear InventHelp...) [flapper][thumbup]

WIP

Yesterday I saw one of those Gibson Midtown Custom hollowbodies (smaller body, like the 336, with a diamond "custom" headstock inlay) new for $1,500 at a local store. Also a great deal, one I'm considering strongly, as 335s are always so out of reach, even for the supposedly cheaper faded ones.

I'd buy both but I'm afraid the fiance wouldn't want me spending $1,700 on one, let alone shelling out $3,500 for both. I've got the rest of my life to buy more I guess. Hopefully I won't regret not pulling the trigger now. If interested Destructors, I could give you the number for the Best Buy. The deal is only lasting until 12/31. I'm sure they'd ship you one.

I saw a new 50th anniversary, guitar of the month Flying V (Brimstone)at BB for $1100.00

The guy said make me an offer. I should have bought it!!!! Money was tight at the time.

Yes it looks like there getting rid of everything, they still have a beautiful Desert Burst

but its 20' in the air and I couldn't see the price.

Archived