Gibson Brands Forums

Which delay pedal?

EvoRider

I use a Line6 DL4 and a TC Electronics Nova Delay together and can recommend them both. The DL4 is a terrific delay. The only knock is that you have to manufacture a dotted 8th pattern. The TC is extremly versatile. The third setting on the mod feature is awesome.

I am currently leaning towards the DL4 and away from my multi delay set up. Most delays are one trick pony's and work great if thats what you want or need. I had a little PM w Searcy earlier today and he confimed to me what I thought I knew about the DL4. I currently have 3 delays in my set up. Each one has different values depending on what is needed during the tune, either a slight slapback, more repeats or my pink floydian delay at 360ms with multi delay.

I guess bottom line is being able to get what you want out of a pedal for the type of music your playing. Personally I have a need for more specfic delays that just one delay can not cover. Others might have a need that can be resolved by a simple stomp box.

Good luck on your search.

Thanks again Searcy

IF you're playing live sets and need a bunch of setting the DL4 is the way to go I think. It's a bit spendy but you get what you pay for.

• 2 weeks later...

Carbon Copy Carbon Copy Carbon Copy.......great delay (-:

I love it!

So many wrote the MXR Carbon Copy on this thread I think you got to buy it!

Or win it [thumbup] there's a giveaway going on right now: Carbon Copy Giveaway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbAxAQlw5Q0

One more pedal I really like is the T-Rex Replica.

Clean, Transparent, really special!

check it out:

TonePedia

IF you're playing live sets and need a bunch of setting the DL4 is the way to go I think. It's a bit spendy but you get what you pay for.

+1. They're great if you need 2 or 3 different settings for a show. The Echo Park works great if you need all the DL4 options without the extra settings. I stick to my ol' trusty DM-2. Not versatile at all, but there's not a bad sound in it.

Archived