Gibson Brands Forums

Pickguard Needed Please Help

music4love

I need a blank pickguard ( no inlay design) Tortis beveled in the hummingbird/ country western shape. I thought LMI sold them but I only saw the J200 style. Can someone direct me in where to find one? Thanks in advance.

I've seen some on ebay

this one has a design but I'm sure you can find one without :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/41-43-inch-Acoustic-Guitar-Pickguard-W-Flower-Design-/170749772226?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item27c17ac1c2

JC

Ugghh! This is so frustrating. You can find any type of pickguard you want for a Martin.

pickguardheaven.com specifically lists a blank hummingbird pickguard design. They have about a hundred different materials to choose from.

pickguardheaven.com specifically lists a blank hummingbird pickguard design. They have about a hundred different materials to choose from.

Unless I am missing something, none of those materials are the Greven Tor-tis

But I do know where I can purchase a sheet. Then I can have one made.

Unless I am missing something, none of those materials are the Greven Tor-tis

But I do know where I can purchase a sheet. Then I can have one made.

Or you can download a full-size template from terrapin for free, and cut it yourself from your own material

Can I order one directly from Gibson?

If your guitar is a gibson, then you can contact a certified gibson dealer and they will order you one. I'm still going through the same sort of issue. I needed an actual hummingbird pick guard w/ design and thats what I had to do. It's a pain in the you know what and also not cheap but it will be the real deal, depending on if you want to spend the money.

Archived