Gibson Brands Forums

Not guitar related but an update.

FenderGuy1

Just curious. What does one need or do with a 'vintage' TV set? When my '83 CRT gives up the ghost, I will probably replace with a new flat screen, knowing full well it will not last any where near as long as my 'vintage' 1983 Panasonic.

Be careful with your dumpster treasures because they may contain much more than you thought they did and may end costing you thousands.People may be throwing out what seems to be perfect TVs etc. because they have become infested with all kinds of vermin such as cockroaches and mice especially.They find the heat generated by TVs etc. perfect for nesting and breeding.Even though a fairly close examination may not reveal anything these critters often bury themselves in the deep recesses of the component.Another reason people may be throwing out something that may seem perfectly good is because it may have been used by someone with a communicable disease such as Hepatitus,dumps are full of medical waste that`s been improperly disposed of.Hold on to the few dollars that you may be saving very tightly because you may need it and thousands more for an exterminator.

Be careful with your dumpster treasures because they may contain much more than you thought they did and may end costing you thousands.People may be throwing out what seems to be perfect TVs etc. because they have become infested with all kinds of vermin such as cockroaches and mice especially.They find the heat generated by TVs etc. perfect for nesting and breeding.Even though a fairly close examination may not reveal anything these critters often bury themselves in the deep recesses of the component.Another reason people may be throwing out something that may seem perfectly good is because it may have been used by someone with a communicable disease such as Hepatitus,dumps are full of medical waste that`s been improperly disposed of.Hold on to the few dollars that you may be saving very tightly because you may need it and thousands more for an exterminator.

i will, and i just found a boombox that works :) i like this lil thing

It isn't the bugs that you can see that you have to worry about,Hepatitus A,B and C can all last on non organic surfaces for months and once you get hepatitus you have for life and a somewhat shortened life.That's why I'm telling you to be especially careful with things that seem to be in perfect working condition,people just don't throw out things that are working perfectly unless they have good reason and one of the most likely is that it was in the sick room along with someone with a highly contagious disease.

Wish we could scrounge the dumps around here but it's not allowed. My passion is vintage audio gear, particularly tube stuff. I can only imagine what gets tossed.

Let us know what you find and good luck!

Cheers!

My boss has a guy that sorts trash in the incinerator plants and he picks out computer parts and gives them to him. Try to get a friend on the inside.

Archived