Gibson Brands Forums

Case Candy on es 335 Fat Neck

LefthandJoe

I recently got my ES 335 Fat Neck from 2010. I was surprised that the only things

In the case (besides the guitar ;-) were the little black folder with the serial number and a printed folder

with the warranty. Oh, and a little bag with silica gel. Nothing else, no sticker no little dangly labels of any

kind, nothing. Is this how they get shipped from Gibson or did the dealer

sell me a returned guitar?

I think it should've came with a Custom Shop hardshell case and that little black folder should be the certificate of authenticity. It also should've had a final inspection checklist.

Gibson used to throw in a truss rod wrench, a pick, a manual and sometimes a sticker - but these days they're cutting costs. The dangly labels are usually from the retailer.

Last year talked to a Gibson rep and was told they dont ship guitars from the factory any longer with truss rod tools or case candy so those days are no longer . Certificates and custom shop booklets, check list yes but that is it .

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is a 2009 and only came with the little black folder and the warranty/checklist, and the case of course. I have to say, Gibson are pretty stingy in the case candy department. All of the American made fenders that I've bought new have come with straps, quality guitar cables, owners manual and a Fender sticker.

Archived