Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Quality Conrtol Your turn to have a say

anaconda

Sometimes the stunning flame tops on some of my Gibson Les Pauls HURT MY EYES.........Due to this, my eyes hurt................

Gibson keeps saying that this is "NOT a manufacturing defect, and that I just have to 'deal with it'......."

So, apparently, THIS is NOT covered under their warranty...............:unsure: [crying][glare][scared][blink] ........

Sometimes the stunning flame tops on some of my Gibson Les Pauls HURT MY EYES.........Due to this, my eyes hurt................

Gibson keeps saying that this is "NOT a manufacturing defect, and that I just have to 'deal with it'......."

So, apparently, THIS is NOT covered under their warranty...............:unsure: [crying][glare][scared][blink] ........

ROFPML

Man, I just came off a 60 hour stint with only a 3 or 4hr nap (about 14hrs ago) to recover, got my second wind now, been busy in Stu's feel good thread and just got carried away.

I dont know how you even do that. I mean, I could pull a 36-48 when I was younger, but it wasnt easy and usually involved hard work with a huge payday or hallucinogenic drugs.

I dont know how you even do that. I mean, I could pull a 36-48 when I was younger, but it wasnt easy and usually involved hard work with a huge payday or hallucinogenic drugs.

I don't do it all the time, every few weeks or so, I can't sleep at night because things are too quiet, I need a good bit of noise to distract me from my tinnitus (24/7), so I usually go to sleep around 7 - 10am, once all the traffic noise etc starts up, but when I actually have to do something during the day, like a Doc's appointment, then I have no choice but to stay awake, then second wind and all that. Even when I sleep normally (for me) I'll only sleep 3 or 4hrs, but when I have a few long waking stretches in a row, it sometimes catches up with me and I'll sleep almost non-stop for days, even the tinnitus can't keep me awake at that point.

I don't do it all the time, every few weeks or so, I can't sleep at night because things are too quiet, I need a good bit of noise to distract me from my tinnitus (24/7), so I usually go to sleep around 7 - 10am, once all the traffic noise etc starts up, but when I actually have to do something during the day, like a Doc's appointment, then I have no choice but to stay awake, then second wind and all that. Even when I sleep normally (for me) I'll only sleep 3 or 4hrs, but when I have a few long waking stretches in a row, it sometimes catches up with me and I'll sleep almost non-stop for days, even the tinnitus can't keep me awake at that point.

Ah, ok. Welp, see you on Sunday! [tongue]

Actually, I had no idea that tinnitus would keep one awake like that. My grandmother had it, but never really talked about it...or maybe she did and I didnt understand her thick, Maltese accent.

Ah, ok. Welp, see you on Sunday! [tongue]

Actually, I had no idea that tinnitus would keep one awake like that. My grandmother had it, but never really talked about it...or maybe she did and I didnt understand her thick, Maltese accent.

Back, could only manage 2hrs.

There's different levels of tinnitus, variances such as temporary and permanent, and volumes too, mine's permanent and sounds like a jet engine that's been cycled up to full power (but reviving even higher that that) sitting right next to me, it's mainly in my left ear.

The biggest hassle is it makes me extremely irritable and quick to anger, and my concentration is down the crapper, the main reason my memory isn't that great these days.

Back, could only manage 2hrs.

There's different levels of tinnitus, variances such as temporary and permanent, and volumes too, mine's permanent and sounds like a jet engine that's been cycled up to full power (but reviving even higher that that) sitting right next to me, it's mainly in my left ear.

The biggest hassle is it makes me extremely irritable and quick to anger, and my concentration is down the crapper, the main reason my memory isn't that great these days.

There needs to be big bucks spent on tinnitus research........There really currently is no cure for it, nor are there any effective therapies either..........

I cannot imagine how bad it must be.....Actually I can, but.................................................................................I have hearing loss, but no tinnitus........

I have hearing loss, but no tinnitus........

When I was younger tinnitus was unknown to me, I was willing to lose my hearing, so I abused the he1l out of it, if I'd have known then what I know now I would have done things a whole lot differently.

Many years ago, I slept with headphones on, but I don't know how because they were the huge, bulky type. I have a recurring tinnitus condition although it's not frequent, it can be very disruptive.

I have table-top room air cleaner/filters near my desk and bed.. near the desk, it's on low speed 24/7 and the one for sleeping is switched to high speed to sleep. The induction motors are essentially undetectable, and the air movement created by the blower wheel provides enough soft noise to mask small sounds which may be annoying.

The moving air sound level isn't so loud that it complicates listening to music or watching a movie.

Bill

When I was younger tinnitus was unknown to me, I was willing to lose my hearing, so I abused the he1l out of it, if I'd have known then what I know now I would have done things a whole lot differently.

Yeah Bill, there are different ways of trying to deal with it, I have a TV running 24/7, but at night I can't turn it up loud enough because of the neighbours who selfishly stick to normal sleeping patterns, the TV is part of my computer and I just have it running in a small window in the corner, I don't even pay any attention to it most of the time, it's only there as a distraction aurally.

I gotta say, sorry for de-railing the thread to the OP, it wasn't intentional, just venting some of my pent up frustrations in my near moronic state, full appologies.

It didn't appear to be the beginning of a discussion (no Epiphone questions or comments), more like it was merely an announcement of a poll taking place elsewhere on the forum.

Bill

I gotta say, sorry for de-railing the thread to the OP, it wasn't intentional, just venting some of my pent up frustrations in my near moronic state, full appologies.

First to RaSTuS....

I seriously hope you are O.K.

Thanks for your concern Willy, I've been living with it for 30 or so years mate, it was never a problem when I used to drink because I would drink myself to sleep, but since I've given up the booze a little over 14 years ago, it's become a real hassle, I'm on heavy medication to alleviate the deep depression it causes, otherwise I don't think I'd still be around, but I'm resigned to it now, not much that can really be done about it physically.

First to RaSTuS....

I seriously hope you are O.K.

I do, however, think that someone should start a "Dead Horse Society".

Willy

Isn't that what the "Other Lounge" is ????? [blush]:-keusa_whistle.gif ......

Archived