Gibson Brands Forums

Doyle Dykes Leaves Taylor

Scratch47

Looks like there's something to the rumor of Doyle leaving Taylor behind. This from Guild's Web site; dang that guy can pick a tune:

I'm sorry to be negative here especially since I own two Guilds. Both are from the 70's. As I was sayin'. That is one ugly burst. The guitar sounds fine and Doyle Dykes is a great picker but the burst has to go....Maybe Fender will have Ren teach them how to spray. They had it down 40 years ago.

yep; I would agree Doyle's mama didn't spend much time teaching him to mix and match...

Anyway; here's the latest release; Ren's name is mentioned as well in the Guild growth process. Understand they introduced their new Starfire line of electrics at NAMM as well a four new Resonator models:

yep; I would agree Doyle's mama didn't spend much time teaching him to mix and match...

Anyway; here's the latest release; Ren's name is mentioned as well in the Guild growth process. Understand they introduced their new Starfire line of electrics at NAMM as well a four new Resonator models:

That is very interesting. I'm going to keep my eye on Guild guitars :-)

Archived