Gibson Brands Forums

Boom.

Dub-T-123

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that your own board, Dub? Or one you got somewhere? It's so simple and clean.

I got the board from PigeonFx.com. I highly recommend them!

The boards are pretty large though. Make sure you check the dimensions or just get a really big box. I had to sand about half an inch off the width of this to get it to squeeze into this 125b.

That's why it looks familiar. I just ordered some Rangemaster guts from them and I almost ordered the Fuzz Face too!

Cool the tagboard Rangemaster looks *****in with that styroflex cap and everything. What are you going to use for the transistor?

I want to build that Shin-Ei FY-2 board for mah bass too but I know it probably has a volume drop like the original.

Wiring diagrams usually don't include the foot switch because they're pretty much all the same and you can wire it a bunch of different ways. For the Fuzz Face I made I didn't use their wiring diagram at all I just adapted the wiring I usually use to that board. Plus I added an LED.

If you need help with any wiring just hit me up and I can help you. I've got a couple good links for that that I'll post later too.

Surfpup - Nice! Be sure to post how that build goes I really want to see it. I've got some 2N404 and some 4 legged Russian germaniums that I'm dying to use too. I'm not really sure what to do with the Russians. Got any ideas?

Alright so ive been looking at the link and the Shin-ei Companion FY-2 Fuzz layout.

Now i know the ground, output and input all go to the footswith wiring. But in the layout there is no output, do you just connect the ground to the footswith, input jack and the input to the footswitch and then just let the output go to the volume lug 2?

Heres a link to the layout.

http://pigeonfx.com/layouts/fy2.html

• 2 weeks later...

Archived