Gibson Brands Forums

Boom.

Dub-T-123

I just started working on a mojo Ge Fuzz Face too. I'm really excited about that one. I got some really nice parts for it.

Ooh. Does it have annoyingly low output levels, though? All of the low gain Ge Fuzz Face copies I have tried aren't loud enough.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh. Does it have annoyingly low output levels, though? All of the low gain Ge Fuzz Face copies I have tried aren't loud enough.

I'll let you know when I'm done building it. It's pretty much a straight copy of the original though, so I'm not expecting it to have a whole lot of output.

Giantrobot = also classiness haha

awesome sound. I would love to build my own pedals but have no idea as where to start. Is there a guide of how to do this?

It's honestly easy. If you have some soldering skill, the diagrams available on the net are endless. The steel cases can also be bought, you drill your own holes though.

That looks sick. After I get my Tele, I'm probably gonna bug you at some point to make me an OD or something. Cheers man.

Thanks! That would be awesome! What kindof Tele are you looking at?

Malchik is right. If you can solder its pretty easy. Even if you can't solder, give it a try.

And all you DIYers should check out this site http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/?m=1

Here's where I'm at so far on the Fuzz Face

photo-1207.jpg

The circuit board is actually a clone of the original Dallas Arbiter circuit board. It's made out of the same material with the same traces and everything. It even says Dallas Arbiter on the bottom. Pretty coo.

I'm at school right now but I'm hoping to get this wired up when I get a break today.

Thanks! That would be awesome! What kindof Tele are you looking at?

Malchik is right. If you can solder its pretty easy. Even if you can't solder, give it a try.

And all you DIYers should check out this site http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/?m=1

Just a MIM Tele Standard in a sunburst. I played one at my local shop and really dug it.

I did build a RAT clone last summer. I can solder pretty well (I've changed pups & pots in some of my axes), but I'm terrible at making heads or tails of a schematic. I suppose it's like anything, you get better with practice.

Thats sick dude. I just got done with a FuzzyFace yesterday. What kinda transistor cho got there and where did you get those fancy NOS parts?

Let's see your Fuzz Face man!

They're some NOS Tungsram AC128s from that dude on eBay. I think you told me about that guy. I got the board and passives from PigeonFx. I would have just sourced out the parts but it was so convenient to just get these tasty parts with the board and it was a pretty fair price so I went for it.

PigeonFx is legit. I'm gonna build their Marshall Supa Fuzz with some OC75s next.

PigeonFX boards are killer. I've built out the Tonebender and Big Muff with their boards. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure the Tonebender and Supa Fuzz boards are the same. I used black glass OC75's from Smallbear, and it sounded great.

In regards to my F word settings, I'll take a photo tomorrow at rehearsal.

I have all of the knobs at about noon except for the high cut. That needs to be at ~3 o'clock or the bottom strings lose definition.

Twiz - That's rad. I'm a Tele guy all the way. Are you going for a maple or rosewood fretboard?

Jon - Those Big Muff PCBs look insanely huge. What kind of box did you put it in?

Evol - Nice. That's pretty much how I set mine with my band but with the hi cut off. Have you been ****in **** up with the **** switch? I'm boring I pretty much just use mine as a delicious OD.

Evol - Nice. That's pretty much how I set mine with my band but with the hi cut off. Have you been ****in **** up with the **** switch? I'm boring I pretty much just use mine as a delicious OD.

Yeah, the hi cut is almost useless to me too. I need clarity not mud.

I have the crackle off so it is only engaged with the burst footswitch, but I do have the toggle set to heavy (for what it's worth). Still trying to find random places to use it. :(

btw Lee Ranaldo is releasing a solo album on March 20. I am super geeked.

Yep. At least the high cut is easy to dial in to not sound crappy. Try a Fulltone pedal.. The tone knob never sounds quite right.

I feel like I could put the burst to good use if I wasn't carrying all of the weight in my band. If I could just play some "accent" parts with it it would be really cool.

I'll have to check out that Lee Renaldo record when it comes out. Thanks for the heads up!

I feel like I could put the burst to good use if I wasn't carrying all of the weight in my band. If I could just play some "accent" parts with it it would be really cool.

Story of my life. I used to love shading and adding color. Now my playing is the guitar equivalent of drums.

Thanks bluesguitar! I'll try and record some more when I get a chance.

alexri - thats not really my usual style, but I love Jimmy Page. He's a big influence on me.

Evol - I know man it sucks having to play everything non stop. It's pretty tiresome for the player and listener. I need to find another bandmate or two.

Thanks, man! Yeah I would definitely love to build pedals for a living but my technical knowledge isn't there yet.

I'm thinking of majoring in electronics engineering or something along those lines to help myself in pedal building. I can't really think of a job other than rock star that I'd rather have.

Archived