Gibson Brands Forums

Just got me a piece of ****...

Thundergod

Hey guys, just came from a friend's ... there was this guy playing there that had this lame (really) completely-beat-the-sh¡t-out-of wah pedal... a boss PW-10 V-wah... of which I already have one (mine is 6 years old and looks like he just came out of the box BTW, this guys pedal is less than a year old...).

I know I will get flamed for this but I happen to like that SOB a lot, I am just not using that much wah right now... as I want my pedal to remain as new and so he rests on the bigger pedalboard/case that sees daylight maybe twice a year, along with other things I like enough not to sell but dont use very much.

My 24/7 - 365 pedalboard (consisting on the boss dd20, boss tu2 tuner and the vox bulldog distortion) "needs" a wah pedal... as I said, I like how that pedal works and sounds (specially the Vox wah emulation, and the fact that it can be used to boost your amp as it has an OD/dist section), and have been thinking on getting another one and painting him different... so that I got that one pedal that looks awesome and no one else has and almost noone knows what the hell it is.

I tell the guy I will give him $20 right there for his piece of junk. He agrees. Alright, the pedal works fine, everything it has going wrong is aestetic. I dont know if I ripped him off or if he did me... eusa_sick.gif

I was thinking about finishing it in metalic red... but I want something more... any ideas? (something easy, as I'm not a pro with painting equipment and the area to be refinished isnt that big). A friend can do a set of stickers to fit the pedal encasing but I dont know about that because it could get off when played.

Any ideas? laughs?

I love my Crybaby. I do wish' date=' however it had an LED showing when its on. Does your new Wah have a light?

Oh, and I would go with the glow in the dark.

[/quote']

Yeah... it has 2 lights...

the light to the left shows you when the wah is engaged... the light to the right actually glows in three different colors depending on the memory position you are using (3 memory positions+manual position) and you also got a dist module that is not of the quality of a boutique pedal but it can be used if the situation calls for it.

You can easily iinstall a led to your wah... the difficult thing is finding where to place it.

I am leaning towards painting it this way: the expression pedal itself in gold, and the rest of it (the encasing where the circuit rests) in dark red...

I know I know... opinions and laughs please...

(I actuallyl like the idea of the glow in the dark paint but it would be so difficult to chose which color!)

Good idea man... I just finished taking it appart... but the little thing that has the wah model and control layouts writen on it will require just that as it seems one cant take it off without damaging it.

I'll try to post some before and after pics (the "before" will be of it disasembled as I didnt take pics of it as it came...)

I'm off to buy some paint... hey ChanMan you said GID paint... which color? I'm inclined for green casing with the pedal in black.... sounds ok?

Before someone says "decide which you like most", I gotta say, I am willing to refinish it in a color that any of you guys say, if I think it will look good... I can refinish it again later so I am not worring about it much...

I'm off to buy some paint... hey ChanMan you said GID paint... which color? I'm inclined for green casing with the pedal in black.... sounds ok?

Before someone says "decide which you like most"' date=' I gotta say, I am willing to refinish it in a color that any of you guys say, if I think it will look good... I can refinish it again later so I am not worring about it much... [/quote']

Well... if you're gonna gig with it, it will need to glow for awhile... so the top 3 from that list would be the best candidates. The bonus is they say the paint dries almost clear... so you can still paint it burgundy and gold =D>.

But you might consider a flourescent green base with a florescent blue pedal... and paint with the corresponding GID colors.

Oh, and black lights make glow in the dark stuff really POP....

GL and have fun!

I got some metalic blue and some green glow in the dark paints... hm... now I dont know how to paint it hehehehe... the pedal itself will be black (I think) or left metalic as it came...(I want to paint it other color but it has this ruber pad and channels that are a pain and the paint could easyly rub off).

Just painted thew thing in GID green... the pedal will be black... I have to wait till tomorrow to asemble it as I am going out in less than an hour and so can't continue right now... I have pics... will post them tomorrow after I it is done.

I am considering adding some reflective (white) details... but it will have to wait till tomorrow afternoon as I have to have them done.

Ok... just put it back toghether and tested it... it worked just fine (as espected, again the pedal worked fine, it was just beat the hell out of).

Now the pics (I will try to post a video in the future but am not sure I will end doing it... maybe a video testing it with the AC30 and other amps and comparing the dist models with other pedals).

Part 1... took it appart... it was easier than I expected... sanded the finish out of the base and the pedal

DSC01884.jpg

DSC01883.jpg

DSC01879.jpg

DSC01880.jpg

DSC01882.jpg

It ended up just perfect:

DSC01893.jpg

DSC01894.jpg

DSC01892.jpg

Opinions?

I'd like to thank ChanMan for his advice (GID paint)... man I hadnt even thought about that and when you mentioned it I actually liked the idea a lot... and thus I ended doing just that... glow in the dark green... I will buy one of those black light bulbs tomorrow and take some pics with it and post them. Thanks again friend.

Archived