Gibson Brands Forums

White house Blues

Dave J

Ok very nice ( and I am Canadian)

nice to see the old tax and spend dollars going for something!! ?? #-o I wonder how many of the gibson guitars were confiscated after they were done, wrong wood and all you know !we need BB to be KING imho! =D>

nice to see the old tax and spend dollars going for something!!

All the presidents do it. In 2001, for Black History month, George Bush Jr, held a concert with Lionel Hampton, Shirley Caesar, Bobby Jones, James Brown, Regina Belle, the Blind Boys of Alabama, and the Harlem Jazz Museum Artists.

With the line up of Jeff Beck, BB King, Buddy Guy, Warren Haynes, Derek Trucks, et al., it's nice to see that musical taste in the White House for smoking hot guitar music has improved.

None of the musicians took home a basketful of tax dollar money for this. Buddy Guy's agent didn't play hardball with the president about the chance to appear there. This is a great thing for the musicians working to keep blues music alive; and trying to associate it with confiscated guitar wood is really stretching it.

Gibson's pretty well represented on stage for a blues revue. Seems like everybody's playing the blues on strats these days.

Derek Trucks is the only player I could recognize every time with my eyes closed and my ears plugged. He just completely owns his playing style like nobody else.

Archived