Gibson Brands Forums

Please help id my guitar

badgerman05

The '61 Reissues were Elitists and made in Japan. Your guitar with the EE serial number was made in China. The normal G-400's were modeled after the 1962 SG. I'm not sure what the differences were between 1961 & 62, but yours appears to be just a run of the mill G-400.

Welcome aboard. I can't tell you for sure on your SG either but I've never heard of a 50th anniversary model. It seems if there were one it would be introduced in 2011. All the Epi LP anniversary models have something usually on the TRC to indicate such so it seems that so would the SG. I guess hang tight, someone will be along that knows for sure. [smile]

Edit: I see you have your answer.

Welcome aboard. I can't tell you for sure on your SG either but I've never heard of a 50th anniversary model. It seems if there were one it would be introduced in 2011. All the Epi LP anniversary models have something usually on the TRC to indicate such so it seems that so would the SG. I guess hang tight, someone will be along that knows for sure. [smile]

There were no 50th anniversary G-400's that I know of. It seems that honor is reserved for the Les Paul. And so far there has been three different 50th anniversary models. Epiphone sure knows how to get mileage out of an anniversay, boy howdy!

There were no 50th anniversary G-400's that I know of. It seems that honor is reserved for the Les Paul. And so far there has been three different 50th anniversary models. Epiphone sure knows how to get mileage out of an anniversay, boy howdy!

Amen to that. Thanks to you and some others, I don't have to try committing them to memory and instead can look them up on epiphonewiki. [thumbup]

You might want to check this out ----> http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EG61CHNH/

Archived