Gibson Brands Forums

NAD - 1969 Fender Bassman

ksdaddy

Weird question, but did you check out the tubes in it?

The guy claims it was retubed shortly before he picked up a 100B head to use... the 50 head was retired until I bought the package (both heads and cab). I noticed the 6L6s are Fender brand but they must be replacements, probably no more than a few years old.

Musta been a frustrated Gibson owner trying to effect a silver burst... I guess. Possibly hit it with a light dusting of flat black all over?

What's that Ovation shovel nose sturgeon headstock doing, hovering in mid air?

You getting into the occult or did you install it for a screen door pull Scott?

Tommy that was a headstock from a destroyed '74 Balladeer. Music Villa in Bozeman has door pulls made from martin and Gibson headstocks so....

I plugged the tele back into it today. Front pickup, tone rolled off halfway, amp treble at 4, bass at 10, bright switch off. Sounded very nice.

Tommy that was a headstock from a destroyed '74 Balladeer. Music Villa in Bozeman has door pulls made from martin and Gibson headstocks so....

I plugged the tele back into it today. Front pickup, tone rolled off halfway, amp treble at 4, bass at 10, bright switch off. Sounded very nice.

Cool.

You wouldn't happen to know what happened to the Flying V door pulls from the front door of the Gibson String Factory in Elgin, Illinois after they close down, do you? [sneaky]

No clue Tommy. I know there was some discussion about 'stuff' at the Elgin plant.

I'm in the process of undoing the improvements. Lots of lacquer thinner and elbow grease. It's coming back to it's former glory.

2hmg6s5.jpg

I play bass through that head at rehearsals -- sometimes through the Fender 2-15, sometimes through a Marshall 4-12 -- always sounds great, no matter how nice or horrible a bass I play. Always cuts through.

Like the OP sez though, guitars really are hit or miss.

Good job getting the spraypaint off! Must've gotten high as hell off those fumes...

I thought John Fogerty played Kustom?

Archived