Gibson Brands Forums

J50 dating

tfm0722

Ya ya I know I should just buy it. Well thanks for all the help guys! I learned a ton.

Good,..get some pictures up and a soundclip (...or video) up on the Forum when you get her settled.

[thumbup]

• 4 weeks later...

This cat joined March 3rd,..... Didn't take the time to Introduce himself asked a bunch of questions, got what he wanted as is long gone! (Last post March 7th)...

I could easily have predicted we would never see him here again, until that is , he wants to buy another Gibson and is looking for some more free advice....

Can I ask ya'll why you guys bother??? Surely the forum is more than just a FREE Information service site?? Isn't it about also about giving as well as taking????

[confused]

2XDCF00Z.jpg

Can I ask ya'll why you guys bother??? Surely the forum is more than just a FREE Information service site?? Isn't it about also about giving as well as taking????

[confused]

Yeah, it is more than just a free information place ... it is a community. But it is ALSO a place to get free information. Glad he got it.

Yeah, it is more than just a free information place ... it is a community. But it is ALSO a place to get free information. Glad he got it.

Happy that you feel that way....

A good Community where i'm from means involvement & "contributing" not just taking...but hey,....that's just my opinion....

#-o

I am not a big fan of Gibson's square-shoulder dreads, but $1400 seems in the right ballpark. A little on the high side, but carefully inspect the guitar to be sure there aren't any problems. In good playable condition, $1400 is reasonable.

Agree 100%

If we can help somebody out and not get ripped off (like so many of us did in the past when we did not know a Gibson from a can of tuna) then I would say that is a good thing.

With regard to joining us - as Groucho Marx once said, I would never join any club that would have me as a member (or something like that).

[confused]

How long have you been hanging out here? By now you must know that questions about old Gibsons, especially unusual ones - with pictures - is irresistible to us folks. It's our pleasure to look at them and comment on them. Besides, it's not like he asked us to move a piano up a flight of stairs.

i will admit that when i first stuck my head in here asking the first of many dumb questions , i just wanted an answer . i read a few other posts while i was waiting , had a couple of laughs at wily and got engaged in some interesting threads and i'm here every goddam day since.

i'm not a rude person and if the ' introduce yourself ' bit had been there then i probably wouldnt have used it .

its the nicest forum around

Archived