Gibson Brands Forums

I could not believe my ears!!!

Lungimsam

I have mostly checked out of the new music scene since the mid '90's. Being raised in the '70's, I grew up on '60's, 70's music mostly, and that has always been my favorite.

But I was in REI today looking at biking gear, and I heard this over the speaker system. This is one of the few songs I have heard in the past 12 years that has given me that good drunk on the music feeling, I just had to stop and listen. So beautiful. Especially the harmonies after 3:06:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mR8Z-gmK1g

Anyone know anything about these cats?

Check out the far out guitar at 3:06. What is that?:

The Fleet Foxes are just superb and you're right about their harmonies-they are about the tightest in the business.If you like F.F. you'd really like Rogue Wave especially their Asleep At Heaven's Gate CD.

Not quite Crosby Stills Nash and Young but ok...

That's funny you say that because when I heard them I thought "Wow, they sound like a modern CSNY". Turns out that one of them is a Neil Young fan.

That sprinkled guitar at the 3:25 minute mark sounds like Neil's electric playing. Also like that Byrds style guitar playing.

I haven't heard any of their other songs, but I'd put this one up there with a CSNY hit - music/singing quality-wise. (Please don't run me outta town on a rail.). I don't know enough about lyrics to say.

The neat thing is that a band that sounds like 1968 has made it in this modern, computerized music world.Far out, man!

Archived