Gibson Brands Forums

My next Gibson, if and when

brannon67

Not sure what they sell for normally but I noticed one on www.forsyths.co.uk

2008 (£1250)

Is that Bruce Forsyth's? Could you get him to go lower if you played your (credit) cards right?

I think, if and when I do get my next Gibson acoustic, I really want a Blues King model for the different tone and feel. I have heard great things about them.

I've had mine a few weeks and we are still in the honeymoon period. It, indeed, does have a different tone and feel and that's why I bought it. The tone is raw and earthy with great high end (again raw), nice middles, and pretty average lows ... but not Gibson average in that it's not that thump, thump warm low. Don't try to play country music on this box. It's well named in that my favorite songs to play on it are old blues ... think delta blues ..... yeah, white boy chained to the blues type. For a small box, it's actualy pretty loud.

As for feel ...... well it's a small guitar so it won't feel like a jumbo Gibson but it fits me well and I'm enjoying laying back and relaxing with it. The neck is the "comfort contour" which it like. If you have large hands, be sure to dirve it before buying if possible. It's a great fingerpicking guitar.

Mine came with a hard case because the local salesman is knowledgeable and knows no Gibson player wants a gig bag. So he ordered it with a hard case and the additional cost was $40 ... well worth it you will agree. Total cost ... case, guitar, local tax ...... 2K exactly out the door. Gibson has gone back to mahogany for the back and sides.

So far, it works for me.

Be worth it to see the dollies do their dealing....

Good game, good game. But I'd need more than a Brucie Bonus to afford one. I love the sound and look of them, but I can't help thinking that I'd get an equally good blues sound, feel and mojo out of something far, far cheaper. (Lower, lower...)

I've had mine a few weeks and we are still in the honeymoon period. It, indeed, does have a different tone and feel and that's why I bought it. The tone is raw and earthy with great high end (again raw), nice middles, and pretty average lows ... but not Gibson average in that it's not that thump, thump warm low. Don't try to play country music on this box. It's well named in that my favorite songs to play on it are old blues ... think delta blues ..... yeah, white boy chained to the blues type. For a small box, it's actualy pretty loud.

As for feel ...... well it's a small guitar so it won't feel like a jumbo Gibson but it fits me well and I'm enjoying laying back and relaxing with it. The neck is the "comfort contour" which it like. If you have large hands, be sure to dirve it before buying if possible. It's a great fingerpicking guitar.

Mine came with a hard case because the local salesman is knowledgeable and knows no Gibson player wants a gig bag. So he ordered it with a hard case and the additional cost was $40 ... well worth it you will agree. Total cost ... case, guitar, local tax ...... 2K exactly out the door. Gibson has gone back to mahogany for the back and sides.

So far, it works for me. Cool, sounds like you got a great deal on the BK, with the HSC, for an extra $40, you cant beat that.

Good game, good game. But I'd need more than a Brucie Bonus to afford one. I love the sound and look of them, but I can't help thinking that I'd get an equally good blues sound, feel and mojo out of something far, far cheaper. (Lower, lower...)

Like the Epiphone EL-00? Just curious.

Higher higher

I was thinking about the Epi EL-00. Do you guys think the extra money is worth it for the Gibson BK?

Haven't played the Epi or the BK. But the sound is pretty unmistakable from samples. If you can stretch to the Gibson, I have a feeling it must be worth it at some level - in terms of the resale value, the build quality and so on. Just I'd be hard pressed to justify that sort of cash on a blues machine. I'm not sure I'd look for a Gibson clone in the cheaper category, though. Very keen on the idea of the Busker Cannon/Republic Miniolian. Cheap, with quality resonator, wood body mellows things just a bit, but you're still talking small, cutting and loud. Plywood, so no fear of humidity, temperature, outdoors lifestyle. Portable. All very blues. Parlourman has a Triolian from Busker.

Haven't played the Epi or the BK. But the sound is pretty unmistakable from samples. If you can stretch to the Gibson, I have a feeling it must be worth it at some level - in terms of the resale value, the build quality and so on. Just I'd be hard pressed to justify that sort of cash on a blues machine. I'm not sure I'd look for a Gibson clone in the cheaper category, though. Very keen on the idea of the Busker Cannon/Republic Miniolian. Cheap, with quality resonator, wood body mellows things just a bit, but you're still talking small, cutting and loud. Plywood, so no fear of humidity, temperature, outdoors lifestyle. Portable. All very blues. Parlourman has a Triolian from Busker.

True, I know Gibsons dont sound like Epis and visa versa. The resale value(if you ever decide to sell or trade) would be higher on the Gibson of course.

I have had My BK for 14 years and have played EL00. The EL00 is a really good guitar for price at least the one I played. New BK's at Guitar center come with hard case Natural finish. Mine is Natural finish but I still would like one with sunburst finish. Maybe some day.

Archived