Gibson Brands Forums

Some possible insight why Ren jumped ship .. ?

EuroAussie

Which ones? Any in particular?

I dont think it matters who.. Its all about money.. The main man had a vision. and persued it.. It Must of worked..

As for Mr Ren.. I wouldnt and Couldnt Specutale.. Hes Not here to give answers the Questions .. But Im sure he did the right thing for himself..

I dont think it matters who.. Its all about money.. The main man had a vision. and persued it.. It Must of worked..

The guy said Gibson execs are out of touch....I was just wondering if he was just talking or if he actually knew somebody who was out of touch with guitar building....

For a long time, I have felt that the top executives at Gibson are out of touch with the day to day business of building guitars.

Same as most businesses.

My boss doesn't know how to build websites, but I do. As long as she doesn't interfere and try to tell me how to build them, and listens to my timescales then we're good!

Same as most businesses.

My boss doesn't know how to build websites, but I do. As long as she doesn't interfere and try to tell me how to build them, and listens to my timescales then we're good!

My point was not about any specific person at Gibson. Here it is 2012 and Gibson does not have a debugged, up and running metadata system. There are too few people doing too many job responsibilites. Distribution is primarily through GC and marketing is in the dark ages. Management is old school, out of date, and product quality could be better. Symptoms. Understand brothers, I only want Gibson to be successful and am a huge fan of the legacy. I don't own or plan to own a Taylor guitar but they have invested in an up-to-date infrastructure, and are not relying solely on their status quo for new products... every company goes through these things.

Check out the way CF Martin has recently responded to Collings in the dread market or how GM has responded to the imports. That Gibson logo means a lot to me and always will.

Archived