Gibson Brands Forums

Any Recent Riviera P-93 Purchases?

BoSoxBiker

I'm wondering if any of you have purchased an Epiphone Riviera P-93 lately? I purchased one almost a year ago, but had to return it because the strings were nearly touching the pick-ups, and did touch when playing. A closer look at the store revealed that mine was not the only one. The store Manager and the tech I worked with both thought that it might have just been a bad batch and we switched models. The store is not stocking any more and hasn't in several months. I'll have to order online.

So, I'd love to hear if you've purchased a P-93 recently and if the strings were a proper height from the pickups or are they almost touching? I will have another P-93. [love] Especially if a Wine Red. I'm hoping a new batch has been put out and that the string and pickup height issue has been resolved.

I'm wondering if any of you have purchased an Epiphone Riviera P-93 lately? I purchased one almost a year ago, but had to return it because the strings were nearly touching the pick-ups, and did touch when playing. A closer look at the store revealed that mine was not the only one. The store Manager and the tech I worked with both thought that it might have just been a bad batch and we switched models. The store is not stocking any more and hasn't in several months. I'll have to order online.

So, I'd love to hear if you've purchased a P-93 recently and if the strings were a proper height from the pickups or are they almost touching? I will have another P-93. [love] Especially if a Wine Red. I'm hoping a new batch has been put out and that the string and pickup height issue has been resolved.

Haven't seen any at my local area shops in a while...

I bought mine a bit over a year ago......Perfect guitar......."Bad" Epis do seem to come in "production batches", so,

must have been a bad batch made one week or so..............The wine red is still being made, so, I'm sure the issue will be fixed..........

Haven't seen any at my local area shops in a while...

Archived