Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson wonky logo pic

stonker

Personally, I'd return it for another. If that were my guitar, it would bother me, but that's just me. My guitars are often displayed around the house when they're not being played...so after a while, that off-centered logo would get to me.

There was a Custom Shop Silverburst at my local music store that I had put aside. It was discounted by 10% because there was a small black mark on the back of the neck approx. 5mm x 2mm. This little black mark bothered me enough that I ended up buying another silverburst.

You just bought it, right? So, the story must have some sort of return policy - if you're still within the refund/exchange period, they shouldn't hassle you over it. It's not everyday you buy a $1,000 dollar guitar.

My two cents.

Personally, if the guitar plays well and sounds good, I wouldn't let it bother me. I would think about it like a supermodel with a beauty mark. A reminder that nothing in this world is "perfect," perhaps. I had a Stratocaster that was a great playing guitar but someone had replaced the white switch tip with a black one, which didn't go with the white pickguard etc. At first I thought I would get rid of it but after a while it amused me, I started thinking, "Well, it's distinctive, isn't it!" A bit quirky like me. So I kept it that way.

Personally' date=' if the guitar plays well and sounds good, I wouldn't let it bother me. I would think about it like a supermodel with a beauty mark. A reminder that nothing in this world is "perfect," perhaps. [/quote']

More like spending a lot of money to buy your wife/girlfriend a boob job and one nipple is higher than the other. She's still hot, but man does that crooked nipple knaw at me.

Archived