Gibson Brands Forums

No inspection card with my new custom classic

manny

The store says they talked to a Gibson rep and no cards are issued with custom classics, this doesn't seem to be the case. I sure would love to have it. Will Gibson issue me one? Maybe they forgot to put it in the case?

The store says they talked to a Gibson rep and no cards are issued with custom classics, this doesn't seem to be the case. I sure would love to have it. Will Gibson issue me one? Maybe they forgot to put it in the case?

I'm afraid that the inspection card is a worthless waste of paper. The only important thing is to register your guitar with Gibson. You can do it online at Gibson.com.

I'm afraid that the inspection card is a worthless waste of paper. The only important thing is to register your guitar with Gibson. You can do it online at Gibson.com.

Ive never registered a guitar with Gibson.. is it important to do that? Surely if something goes wrong you take it back to the shop you got it from?

If there is something wrong with it, then you should have bought it from a dealer who checks the guitars out first before selling those guitars to you. Never registered my Gibson either, but I did get a card in it, but still, it ends up being trash. Either the guitar is good out of the store or it just goes back immediately, so buy from a dealer who won't mess you in the first place.

If there is something wrong with it, then you should have bought it from a dealer who checks the guitars out first before selling those guitars to you. Never registered my Gibson either, but I did get a card in it, but still, it ends up being trash. Either the guitar is good out of the store or it just goes back immediately, so buy from a dealer who won't mess you in the first place.

I only recently bought my first Gibson, a LP Standard, and was curious about the warranty. I wasn't at all concerned about registering either.

Then when reading the warranty saw something about how the warranty "could be" (inferred) void if registration wasn't done within like 14 or 15 days of

purchase! Well, I was freaked, cause at that point it had been like 16 days. I emailed Gibson and they assured me that the warranty would be in effect...

but still, why have that wording in the warranty to begin with then?

Just a curious observation for those who don't register...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived