Gibson Brands Forums

I have been holding out.... NGD!

modoc_333

This really does have a lot of bass for the size. The martins are much smoother and more refined.... better for classical, laid back stuff. This guitar has a lot more rasp and snarl. It may be weaker on the "pretty stuff" but kills the martin for blues and roots music. No question. That's a good thing because I wanted it for this!

Hey guys I got to play this beauty last week. It is a most wonderful instrument .... looks great .... has wonderful mojo from the attention given to it at Bozeman. Sound, well it is a BLUES BOX. Very different from the Martin 000 or 0M. Congrats Keith.

I ALMOST put AJ style inlay on the fretboard so that it would look like the little sister to my AJ, but decided against it... just couldn't make myself do it. no sense in the girl trying to be something she isn't... She is proud of who she is! :)

Congrats! That is a beautiful guitar. I'm sure it sounds and plays great, too!

As for an L-00 with AJ style inlays, I downloaded these pics from the internet some time ago. I love this look and would probably go for the AJ inlays if I ever special ordered an L-00.

GibsonL-00AdvancedJumbo1.jpg

GibsonL-00AdvancedJumbo5.jpg

That does look cool..... except that bridge! Who made this guitar? From the 2 pics it doesn't look Gibson

I can't remember the details, since I downloaded these pictures some time ago. But I think I got them off an eBay auction, and I have other pics of the guitar as well. The headstock definitely says Gibson, but I think there was a strange story about this being a prototype or something. The bridge is two pieces of wood. The guitar had a number of holes drilled into the back (presumably so the prototype guitar would not be sold, or something like that) that had been repaired and the back had been refinished. If you look closely through the soundhole, you can see a couple of the filled holes.

Regardless of the story of this particular guitar, I think it shows how cool an L-00 would look with the AJ inlays!

Archived