Gibson Brands Forums

demo Radial abY

Enmitygauged

Gear Mesa Trans Atlantic into Orange 1x12 vintage 30, Orange AD30TC no effects GIBSON Jr Exclusive Special.

Amp Settings first position Hi Boost Clean channel Mesa Trans Atlantic switch to include Orange AD30 Channel 2, Changing over to just orange amp, activating channel two of the mesa on Hi2 activating both channels.

Ive put the video up because a few people have asked about ABYs in the past and also the sound of the Trans Atlantic. so I thought id give a little Demo. Song is one of mine Line of Fire from Bushkill Park Like us on FB oh and the MESA head is set on 5w for both channels

th_78c8e303.jpg

https://www.facebook.../BushkillParkAU

I have one of these. A really versatile pedal. I think some players miss out. They hear a sound and try to emulate it with pedals but it may be two amps at once. You should all try it. Two amps equals fuller sound. Add a Leslie cab and your filling a room.

Gear Mesa Trans Atlantic into Orange 1x12 vintage 30, Orange AD30TC no effects GIBSON Jr Exclusive Special.

Amp Settings first position Hi Boost Clean channel Mesa Trans Atlantic switch to include Orange AD30 Channel 2, Changing over to just orange amp, activating channel two of the mesa on Hi2 activating both channels.

Ive put the video up because a few people have asked about ABYs in the past and also the sound of the Trans Atlantic. so I thought id give a little Demo. Song is one of mine Line of Fire from Bushkill Park Like us on FB oh and the MESA head is set on 5w for both channels

th_78c8e303.jpg

https://www.facebook.../BushkillParkAU

Nice demo - when I set up my double amp rig (Marshall 6100 30th anniversary stack and '59 Bassman re-issue) I really like running both amps at once, and using my old Maxon delay to run one with the dry signal and one with a bit of delay - sounds huge! The problem is that I can then spend all day setting up various combinations of pedals and tweaking the sound and not actually playing. Drives the guys in the band crazy... I need a day in the studio on my own before we all meet up to play.

Yeah I know what you mean guys. I have been through every pedal under the sun trying to build up the sound in songs. None and I mean can emulate the sound of two amps. I love it but it does really suck gig wise having to take two amps. But I could never get that sound I want without it. On the ABY I was really worried I was going to get the popping when switching channels but mines clean theres no pop at all and I didn't need to play with the 180 or lifts. no power requirements its an amazing pedal thats for sure.

I would very much like to know how this sounds on the 'Y' (both) configuration. The A/B/Y pedals I have used so far including the Morley one are passive and the impedance match on the 'Y' setting causes a big vol/tone loss....I presume the Radial deals with this?

I would very much like to know how this sounds on the 'Y' (both) configuration. The A/B/Y pedals I have used so far including the Morley one are passive and the impedance match on the 'Y' setting causes a big vol/tone loss....I presume the Radial deals with this?

Yeah, the Morleys are glitchy that way, as are other "cheapo" units.....Radical and Lehle are the way to go........

It really makes sense to skip cheap items in a rig........One weak link can screw up an otherwise great rig............

The second selection and the last selection are both on Y have a watch the Demo and see where I press the "Both" Button

Archived