Gibson Brands Forums

epi-elitist

manny

i didn't know they made blue ones. do your due diligence before you make the purchase, just to be sure. i suppose $650 is on the higher side of fair, but i'd try to talk them down a little.

That is the Elitist Studio and they did come in blue as you can see. They were less expensive than the Studio's and Customs just like the Gibson's and if memory serves they sold for 850 new or so. I don't think 650 is unreasonable if the guitar is in good condition. If that guitar had gibson on the headstock with no other changes it would easily cost 2 times more. I've got Elitist's and Custom Shop Gibsons and the Epiphone's compete very well at a fraction of the price.

That is the Elitist Studio and they did come in blue as you can see. They were less expensive than the Studio's and Customs just like the Gibson's and if memory serves they sold for 850 new or so. I don't think 650 is unreasonable if the guitar is in good condition. If that guitar had gibson on the headstock with no other changes it would easily cost 2 times more. I've got Elitist's and Custom Shop Gibsons and the Epiphone's compete very well at a fraction of the price.

If I'm correct, I live near where this guitar is for sale. On the same site you can find local gibson Les paul studios (non faded) for $750 to $950 canadian, likely in similar condition. I wouldn't expect to get $100 to $300 less than a used Gibson LPC for my elite LPC (e.g. $1700-$1900). That said, I don't think you could find a much better guitar for $650 than this blue studio, but it is a bit of a niche market and the awareness just isn't there on a local level. For example, on a whim I had my elite LPC listed on the same site for $950 obo and all I got was "there is no way I would pay that much for an epiphone" or "I'll trade you an old laptop and $100".

Archived