Gibson Brands Forums

You Tube to Cubase

fretplay

Doe's any member know if or how you can transfer music from You Tube to a Cubase recording system?

I know there are You Tube to MP3 converters online you can use to import tunes to an ipod. Should work for Cubase but it would still be MP3.

You just cut/paste the url in and it converts it and you download the MP3.

Basically any format-to/from conversion for two apparently incompatible format programs requires a middle translation.

As Quapman noted, mp3 might be at least one intermediate that one might use. There are several ways that might be done, including some that record directly from data going to/from your sound card.

Firefox has had - although some haven't worked with later versions of that browser - extensions that would handle such conversions relatively transparently. Again, you need to find a conversion from whatever's on Youtube into whatever your program of choice will recognize.

My understanding is that it's almost certain there will be a degree of loss in any such translation, be it music or vid or even in many cases "text." It used to be something of a problem even with numbers thanks to the rounding errors involved in going from a base-10 math to a binary-based math and back.

<grin>

Life's fun. Good luck!

m

Doe's any member know if or how you can transfer music from You Tube to a Cubase recording system?

I would do it in real time using wavelab or a program which creates a wave file. Set that up to record then away you go...if you have streaming problems let it buffer and start over...then import that to cubase. What a hassle....

Archived