Gibson Brands Forums

So is it true? Canadians dont understand the word German?

Rabs

I don't disagree with you re: Michael Jackson at all. He probably would have loved the Biebs though. ;) ;)

Comedy gold diamond mine, I just wish it was usenet so I wouldn't get in trouble.

rct

I don't disagree with you re: Michael Jackson at all. He probably would have loved the Biebs though. ;) ;)

But hey, I don't hear any obvious autotuning in this performance...he actually is off at a few points...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo8FlWU1iP0

That was the first Bieber song I ever listened to the full way through. Its actually not terrible. Not my style but i can see why the kids dig him.

It's a production for sure...

As far as autotuning goes, I was only referring to his studio tracks, mind you.

I can see why kids dig him too....he's merely a product. A product for the kids...

It's not so much he himself that gets to me, it's that whole industry.....

Guest farnsbarns

I think in the 60s they were named John, Paul, George, and Ringo! [scared]

Abso (insert dystmesis here) lutely, the biebers of their day but at the time a manufactured image and sound was a new thing with a less cynical audience. It's the end result, not the process that really matters. That said, personally i don't much like either.

I think in the 60s they were named John, Paul, George, and Ringo! [scared]

No........The Beatles influenced teenagers to pick up an instrument, LEARN TO PLAY IT, and form a rock n' roll band. They were talented songwriters and singers, plus they were one of the best bands melody-wise if that makes any sense. To call them a teeny-bopper band is stupid. Their record company pushed them in that direction, however. I know for a fact that George Harrison hated it.

Bieber hasn't. Not even Michael Jackson did.

In the 60s, it was more Herman's Hermits and The Monkees.....

Archived