Gibson Brands Forums

So is it true? Canadians dont understand the word German?

Rabs

Yes, but could you tell me the difference between Australia and the UK?

Australia is where we dumped all of our criminals and murderers and its hot over there :) :P (and they have more dangerous spiders than anywhere else in the world).

Rabs true I guess but in hindsight

Australia has beautiful beaches, gorgeous women, great surfing and the great barrier reef with some of the best diving on earth. The Uk well they have the Olympics for the next week or so at least after that it's pretty much bad teeth, lousy food, no surf. and when it not raining it's drizzling. So the criminals did all right in that relocation.

Rabs true I guess but in hindsight

Australia has beautiful beaches, gorgeous women, great surfing and the great barrier reef with some of the best diving on earth. The Uk well they have the Olympics for the next week or so at least after that it's pretty much bad teeth, lousy food, no surf. and when it not raining it's drizzling. So the criminals did all right in that relocation.

Yup.. indeed they did... So youve murdered someone and get sent to a paradise lol... go figure :)

(and I wasnt slagging Oz off.. That was a long time ago..... and ive been there its a great place, I wish my great great great grandparents had been sent there rather than living in this misrable s**thole we call a country ;))

In saying that its currently 25 degrees out with a nice cool breeze and is lovely.. Just a shame it will not last more than a few days.

Guest farnsbarns

I know this thread is all in jest and my comments may be superfluous but I thought it only fair to say that Bieber has been able to sight an earlier interview in which he talks of his German grandparents and counts to 10 in German. He used the word German several times in that earlier interview.

Watching that video, one would be forgiven for assuming he really didn't know the word "German" but it seems it really was just confusion with the Kiwi interviewers accent. I guess he had panicked by the time he was shown the card.

I know this thread is all in jest and my comments may be superfluous but I thought it only fair to say that Bieber has been able to sight an earlier interview in which he talks of his German grandparents and counts to 10 in German. He used the word German several times in that earlier interview.

Watching that video, one would be forgiven for assuming he really didn't know the word "German" but it seems it really was just confusion with the Kiwi interviewers accent. I guess he had panicked by the time he was shown the card.

So a blonde moment then :)

He seems like he has lots of those lol

Guest farnsbarns

So a blonde moment then :)

He seems like he has lots of those lol

Oh I rather suspect he does, I was only posting because I realised this had the potential to be a very bad PR situation and that interested me so I Googled more and found that actually, he did know what the word meant. One might argue that the situation still demonstrates that he is a bit thick, I would't disagree. This video is the first time I have ever seen the chap, I've heard him once or twice and that told me everything I needed to know about Bieber the musician.

He's a teeny-bopper. No one will remember him except the teenage girls that seem to like him. No bands will cover his songs or pay tribute to him.

You're stupid if you confuse him with a real musician. He's not. He's a manufactured product, and his music is teeny-bopper autotune compressed crap IMHO. The kid makes Nickelback look good for crying out loud!

Sorry for the ranting, but I had to just jump out and say it.

Ah jealousy knows no bounds.

The kid has talent...the record company is USING his talent and he's going with it and is very successful, if a little ignorant about the world around him. Its no surprise since he got started so young.

I don't get the hate-on people have for the Biebs. Makes people feel better about themselves to tear someone else down.

I don't listen to his music, but I don't talk trash about the kid either...

Ah jealousy knows no bounds.

The kid has talent...the record company is USING his talent and he's going with it and is very successful, if a little ignorant about the world around him. Its no surprise since he got started so young.

I don't get the hate-on people have for the Biebs. Makes people feel better about themselves to tear someone else down.

I don't listen to his music, but I don't talk trash about the kid either...

Who said I was jealous?

Sure, he can dance and he looks good, but I'm sorry, I don't see any quality there. It's all about looks and dancing for these people. If he looked like a young Geddy Lee, he wouldn't have had anything. He's a teen idol. A product. Every decade has one. Mass-produced teeny-bopper "music".

Excuse me for expressing my opinion and what I think.

Actually I also thought he was nothing more than the next gen of produced pretty boys to hit the market but my wife proved me wrong.

The kid is actually very talented. Doesn't mean I like his music or what he represents but he's not just a generic pretty boy who can sing.

He also plays a variety of instruments and started really young.

But I think I can safely say I will never own a Beiber album. But he is talented. Can't blame him for jumping on the marketing band wagon.

Who wouldn't for millions of dollars.

If he looked like a young Geddy Lee, he wouldn't have had anything. He's a teen idol. A product. Every decade has one. Mass-produced teeny-bopper "music".

Well I won't argue the fact that his pretty boy looks got him the gig. The record company just got lucky this time and found a pretty boy with actual talent.

He's a teeny-bopper. No one will remember him except the teenage girls that seem to like him. No bands will cover his songs or pay tribute to him.

You're stupid if you confuse him with a real musician. He's not. He's a manufactured product, and his music is teeny-bopper autotune compressed crap IMHO. The kid makes Nickelback look good for crying out loud!

Sorry for the ranting, but I had to just jump out and say it.

Kaleb nothing wrong with an opinion even if your wrong, but don't get so defensive when people don't agree. And to say that JB is not a musician is what's stupid! Sure he's not your kind of musician and not many grown men probably like him, I can't honestly say Ive ever even listened to him sing other than a few times on tv and big events but to say he's not a musician is totally ludicrous. A quick search of his current status showed the below stats at a time when record sales are in a huge slump! tell you what, when you can sell out Madison Square Garden in less than 22 minutes will respect your opinion until then yep sounds a bit like jealousy to me.

Date Justin Bieber was born 3.1.1994

Number of YouTube video views 2,327,112,630

Number of songs from his My World album that reached the Billboard Hot 100 7 of 7

Number of Facebook fans 40,511,982

Number of Twitter followers 17,590,230

“My World” total album sales 3.2 Million

Number of songs digitally downloaded 7.7 Million

Box Office sales for Justin Bieber “Never Say Never” $98,441,954

Time it took Justin Bieber to sell out Madison Square Garden 22 Minutes

Well I won't argue the fact that his pretty boy looks got him the gig. The record company just got lucky this time and found a pretty boy with actual talent.

He's alright. I guess he went for the big money? With what I heard of him on the drums, he could have went somewhere with that. Now, any chance of him being a respected rock musician is ruined, unfortunately.

But then again, how do we know if those clips and that movie he did aren't fake? Not implying that they are, but the industry has its ways.

I learned the hard way by being a KISS fan....

Kaleb nothing wrong with an opinion even if your wrong, but don't get so defensive when people don't agree. And to say that JB is not a musician is what's stupid! Sure he's not your kind of musician and not many grown men probably like him, I can't honestly say Ive ever even listened to him sing other than a few times on tv and big events but to say he's not a musician is totally ludicrous. A quick search of his current status showed the below stats at a time when record sales are in a huge slump! tell you what, when you can sell out Madison Square Garden in less than 22 minutes will respect your opinion until then yep sounds a bit like jealousy to me.

Date Justin Bieber was born 3.1.1994

Number of YouTube video views 2,327,112,630

Number of songs from his My World album that reached the Billboard Hot 100 7 of 7

Number of Facebook fans 40,511,982

Number of Twitter followers 17,590,230

"My World" total album sales 3.2 Million

Number of songs digitally downloaded 7.7 Million

Box Office sales for Justin Bieber "Never Say Never" $98,441,954

Time it took Justin Bieber to sell out Madison Square Garden 22 Minutes

Look buddy, I'm not jealous at all! I don't crave attention. I don't crave money. I really hate it when people back up their statements with stats and sales, etc. There are lots of bands out there busting their a$$es on the road, playing in clubs and theatres that should be huge. They got the talent. They got the substance. Those are the people I support.

Judging by his statistics, most of the records I love pale in comparision.......I tell ya', I'll take Savoy Brown's Blue Matter record, which most people have never heard of and never gets airplay, over anything this kid has ever did. Most musicians would agree with me too. I put an emphasis on MUSICIANS. And music lovers as well.

I don't wanna sell out MSG. I doubt I'd even go there for a freakin' Knicks game, given the prices they're charging nowadays. There's only a few bands I'd see there, including Rush, Van Halen, Iron Maiden, and a couple others. KISS plays there too, but I really have no interest in seeing them unless they reunite with Peter and Ace or take the makeup off and bring Bruce back. Most of my favorite bands either play smaller venues here or do a lot of their touring in Europe.

And I don't care if you agree with me or not, just don't throw it in my @#$%n face, or I'll throw it back!

Who said I was jealous?

You didn't need to. It came across loud and clear.

Sure, he can dance and he looks good, but I'm sorry, I don't see any quality there. It's all about looks and dancing for these people. If he looked like a young Geddy Lee, he wouldn't have had anything. He's a teen idol. A product. Every decade has one. Mass-produced teeny-bopper "music".

What a silly thing to say. I'm not even sure what your point is with this line. Teeny boppers like teeny-bopper "music"...This music is not aimed at you. Just because you are not the demographic doesn't mean there is no talent there. He's got a good voice....he can sing, he can dance, he looks good. Many people call that the full package. What? He sings songs you don't like and his dancing doesn't do anything for you? He must be horrible.

You can express it all you want. And I can speak on your opinion. This is a discussion board, right?

You didn't need to. It came across loud and clear.

What a silly thing to say. I'm not even sure what your point is with this line. Teeny boppers like teeny-bopper "music"...This music is not aimed at you. Just because you are not the demographic doesn't mean there is no talent there. He's got a good voice....he can sing, he can dance, he looks good. Many people call that the full package. What? He sings songs you don't like and his dancing doesn't do anything for you? He must be horrible.

You can express it all you want. And I can speak on your opinion. This is a discussion board, right?

Well, I'm not jealous at all. I may come off that way, but I don't want his money or his fame.

Well, it was a silly thing to say. What comes out of my mouth (Or my keyboard, for that matter...) is a lot like my guitar playing: What ever comes out comes out. It's spontanious. Of course teeny boppers like that stuff! It sells! I don't think he has a good voice, however. He can dance and he looks good, that's about it IMHO. Now, I'm not a Michael Jackson fan at all, but at least he could sing and he didn't need autotune. He had the full package. He was an entertainer. People still love him and remember him.

I don't disagree with you re: Michael Jackson at all. He probably would have loved the Biebs though. ;) ;)

But hey, I don't hear any obvious autotuning in this performance...he actually is off at a few points...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo8FlWU1iP0

That was the first Bieber song I ever listened to the full way through. Its actually not terrible. Not my style but i can see why the kids dig him.

I don't disagree with you re: Michael Jackson at all. He probably would have loved the Biebs though. ;) ;)

MUST NOT MAKE OFFENSIVE JOKE... MUST NOT

Man thats a hard one to pass up. But in fear of being banned I wont say anything :P :)

Archived