Gibson Brands Forums

funny stuff on the LP forum

nikko18

I thought it was kinda funny when I suggested axewraps for daveinspain's new guitar.

I giggled anyway

Ya gotta admit' date=' that axewrap dudes got pretty thick skin.

[/quote']

Maybe he's been putting some of that stuff on himself... (you know... product trials on humans... "it wont leave any residues on your guitar")

That's oilPIT to you

Nicknames are a privilege' date=' I have no problem with Axe and Ian (and all the other originals, but those two are the ones who love to play with my name) calling me that but you gotta stick around for a while before you can call me anything other than oilpit

Thank you very much,

-oilpit-

[/quote']

It would have been so hilarious if you signed as Oil**** at the end of that...

just saying...

he's pretty persitent due' date=' you have to give him that. so axewraps has anyone actually bought an axewrap yet?[/quote']

Actually, we do really well. This forum thing is more or less a way for me to kill some time every once in a while throughout my day and definitely not the company's main way of marketing. I'm not even sure all of the owners are aware of me even being on this forum. Many music retailers are beginning to offer our product in their stores. It will be just a matter of time before you see it in your store. We're going to be at the NAMM show in January so make sure you let your retailer know we are gonna be there. And as far as the reaction, I am getting here, it is no surprise as I face the same reaction from guitar purists all the time. From most retailer's perspective though, axewraps are godsend. In this economy, higher priced guitars aren't selling as much so people are buying the lower priced look alikes. Customers who buy look alikes have no problem applying an axewrap. So it is an upsale for a retailer. Besides, looking at it on the computer is one thing, but seeing it in real life is quite another as a wrapped guitar is showcased prominently next to our display stands. Its fun to watch customers examine the wrapped guitar to figure it out. Even after the guitar has been examined, most people think it was airbrushed and finished with a glossy enamel. Anyway, thanks for asking.

You can go right to the site. There is a contact tab at the bottom that will allow you to send an e-mail right to our design department, but you will have to enter one of those spam prevention codes. Kinda ironic? http://www.axewraps.com/contact/

They should be able to work with you. We have done "sheet skins" for anything from drums to basketball backboards.

Archived