Gibson Brands Forums

New String Gauge

duluthdan

Multiple experiments going on here, new Zoom camera thing, stepped up a gauge in string size, bits and pieces of original stuff, and proof that the old adage is true, if you bring out a guitar, it will attract.... well, you'll get the idea.

gee whizz that guitar's alive ! i've heard banjo's deader. seems like the notes were coming out before your fingers got to the strings . thats a hard beast to tame you have there .

by the way , you're voice is neil young's brothers'

you must give us a song sometime .

cheers dan !

Thanks for putting that video up. Good timing as I actually went the other way and moved my 69'er to lights after having mids on her for a year. I came to the conclusion that for me 13's choke the top a bit much on Gibsons. Having said that they sounded good on your JB, the tone was still very open and lively from this recording, albeit a tad bright for my preferance.

Multiple experiments going on here, new Zoom camera thing, stepped up a gauge in string size, bits and pieces of original stuff, and proof that the old adage is true, if you bring out a guitar, it will attract.... well, you'll get the idea.

Thanks to Henry Janc#@$%^$!..(notice the two dollar signs in there)..and Ren Ferguson that Gibson guitars sound that good again..respect..

Also hell of a gato you got there.

Archived