Gibson Brands Forums

Pick ups

4Hayden

It is such a subjective question that it is hard to answer. It depends so much on what you are playing and what sound you are looking for. Gibson classic 57s sound great to me, some people dont like them. Duncan makes some pickups that I like, Pearly Gates are popular, I like them as well as Seth Lovers, others dont. Its a tough question.

Its like asking what type of woman is best. Redheads? Blonds? Brunnettes, skinny? full figured? tall? short? My answer is- Yes! So many correct answers

"Gibson Gear" ??? IMHO, pre 2006 Gibby Classic 57s........The T-Tops, IMHO, are killer Gibby PUs......I learned that I actually used some Gibby "Dirty Fingers"

in an SG in the 80s; Those were very good..........

"Gibson Gear" ??? IMHO, pre 2006 Gibby Classic 57s........The T-Tops, IMHO, are killer Gibby PUs......I learned that I actually used some Gibby "Dirty Fingers"

Yes I have a studio Gibson I want to put the best of everything on to make it talk to me lol

It is such a subjective question that it is hard to answer. It depends so much on what you are playing and what sound you are looking for. Gibson classic 57s sound great to me, some people dont like them. Duncan makes some pickups that I like, Pearly Gates are popular, I like them as well as Seth Lovers, others dont. Its a tough question.

Its like asking what type of woman is best. Redheads? Blonds? Brunnettes, skinny? full figured? tall? short? My answer is- Yes! So many correct answers

I play mostly blues in my older age & a lot of 60's & 70's music,I grew up during the hippie years.

now about the women - Loooong legs,built like a brick out house,tall,blond,double D's,good cook that can't talk.

• 2 weeks later...

What amp are you playing through?

Most Gibson pickups are great, take for instance the 490r 498T, I happen to find great tones through these. Would classic 57s or burstbuckers 1,2,3 sound better.

Perhaps, but put any of these through a crappy amp,(notice didn't mention SS or brand);-)

And they'll sound, meh..

I use mine through a DRRI and sounds awesome. Even through my Bjr. Nos.

I'm sure if I put these through a Marshall ill be saying the same thing.

First, evaluate your gear, then hunt for pickups... Just my 2cents

Ps I've been down that road, in the end, retrospect is a funny thing...

• 1 month later...

I have a 3 sets of the "re-run" Dirty Fingers (one in my DXMGT, one in my Fender Custom Special Telecaster and the last set in my Epi LP SPT) and have found that those pickups cannot sound bad in any guitar (I am also a guitar tech so I could make a Wal-Mart toy guitar sound good though :P)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gibson Classic 57 all the way! [thumbup]

- it`s an totally versatile humbucker that could fit as a glove to every music-style !They sound good in almost any guitar you install them in !

it`s an "open sounded" humbucker that is really well EQ-balanced, with nice bite,good mid-range & a tight low-end too

..so far,They are my favourite-set today ! :)

Archived