Gibson Brands Forums

Acoustic levitation where music and science meet

Rabs

I love science.. its always been something ive loved and things like this always impress me.. But this is something else..

Scientists at Argonne National Laboratory have discovered a way to use sound waves to levitate individual droplets of solutions containing different pharmaceuticals. While the connection between levitation and drug development may not be immediately apparent, a special relationship emerges at the molecular level. Read more: http://www.anl.gov/articles/no-magic-show-real-world-levitation-inspire-better-pharmaceuticals

And I think that we are still at the beginning of what there is to know and find out with quantum physics and how we can use it to really change the way we live... I think we are on the verge of a big leap forward in the next few years (or I hope so anyway).

That is awesome!

Quantum mechanics and other advanced sciences is a major field of interest for me.

I have nowhere near the education necessary to properly understand it, but I like to think I scratch the surface of it.

If I hadn't been so emotionally unstable and fond of girls and guitars back in high school (equivalent), I would probably have been a physicist today.

Here's a great vid with some inspiring stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NbBjNiw4tk

That is awesome!

Quantum mechanics and other advanced sciences is a major field of interest for me.

I have nowhere near the education necessary to properly understand it, but I like to think I scratch the surface of it.

If I hadn't been so emotionally unstable and fond of girls and guitars back in high school (equivalent), I would probably have been a physicist today.

Here's a great vid with some inspiring stuff:

Yeah ive seen that one.. Love it all :) its confusing and makes sense all at the same time lol

Unified Field Theory isn't much further along that it was when Einstein died. It's still very elusive. I hope it's not under my bed. :unsure:

Remember, when he says that physicists invented all that stuff, he really means that engineers invented all that stuff. Engineers are a special kind of scientist who uses all the theoretical type stuff that the eggheads figure out and then makes something that works without screwing up.

Guys like Rocketman are real he-man type engineers who people trust with their lives. You don't want your Mars rocket careening off to the side somewhere and crashing into downtown Miami.

I'm a civil engineer and I tell guys where to move the dirt with the bulldozer. "Hey youze guys - Doze that pile of crap into that hole and cover it up."

Archived