Gibson Brands Forums

If you had a choice....

RowdyMoon

Not trying to buck the trend, but Robby Krieger all the way. Gibson 57s are my favorite humbucker. Wonder if it has the sweet baseball bat neck?

I am not sure on that one.....the reason I am asking cause I am looking at all 3......the Kreiger I can get for 1400, the Angus is selling for 2400 and the 72 is selling for 2200.......the easiest to get is the Angus it's actually only a few miles away.......but aside from the witch hat knobs and I think 1 pickup is there really 1000 dollars worth of difference in the Angus over the 50th anniversary Kreiger? The seventies one looks cool but it's probably a gamble as far as condition without actually seeing it in person.

• 1 month later...

Another vote for the 50th Krieger. It's the most affordable of the three, it features the ultra-cool neck pup phase reversal switch, and the super slim profile '60s neck plays like a dream. I liked mine so much I bought a second one, and swapped the bridge pup out for an Angus pup. I ended up selling the modded one, as the stock model with the '57 classics just played & sounded perfect for me.

3SGs003.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived