Gibson Brands Forums

You win Gibson

RS1976

I bought an 3Pup Budokan.

$2165 OTD

for the record, i've always found KISS to be like McDonalds. But I do love the beauty of the burst. Always wanted one. and after thinking about the traditional pro and the 3 pup Budokan, I figured... meh... go for it.

pics by the weekend

You could do some serious tweakin' with the 3-pickup wiring schemes. Straight up Jimmy Page on "Bring It On Home"!

And for the record, you're right about KISS....(and that probably sounds astounding coming from me...).....But you gotta love The Ace (mostly speaking out of my a$$ here...Although I love the guy!), not to mention a lot of the others that were in and out (actually being serious).(Bruce Kulick and Richie Scarlet from Ace's old solo band for examples.). E.S.P. (Eric Singer Project) is a great band (or, more appropriately, PROJECT) even though they mostly do covers. And Richie Scarlet's solo albums are some of the best I've heard. He's like a cross-pollination of Hendrix and Alice Cooper! I may post a few of his songs here in the near future.

You're right though. Rock And Roll All Nite=muscial Big Mac (or Happy Meal...). And it comes with free toys! [flapper]

Anyways, have a happy NGD!!! Do you have any experience with the DiMarzio Super Distortion pickup?

Ah, back when they were respectable! Before "Beth", before the merchandising, before Ace turned to hard drugs. To think, within a few years, they went from "THEY'RE SATAN WORSHIPPERS!" two "silly wabbit, KISS is for kids"!

Sure, the cheesy orchestra songs (no offense to the Cat!), the dolls and other assorted merch, the disco songs, and corny TV movies made them millions, but if they stuck with being a "dangerous" theatrical band rather than turning into a teeny-bopper band, they would be more loved and respected in the world of rock/metal music.

That being said, I have no problem with theatrics, but there is a such thing as overkill.

Actually Kiss meets the Phantoms is a fine piece of American Cinema...

to boot when Kiss was sound checking at the Frank Erwin Center in December of 2009 and asked us stagehands what we would like to hear I hollered "RIP and DESTROY"

for a moment there was an uncomfortable silence... then they played something else.

theres my Kiss story.

anydamn way, my new Gibby will be here at my front door Friday.... the... anticipation!!!!

Ah, back when they were respectable! Before "Beth", before the merchandising, before Ace turned to hard drugs. To think, within a few years, they went from "THEY'RE SATAN WORSHIPPERS!" two "silly wabbit, KISS is for kids"!

Sure, the cheesy orchestra songs (no offense to the Cat!), the dolls and other assorted merch, the disco songs, and corny TV movies made them millions, but if they stuck with being a "dangerous" theatrical band rather than turning into a teeny-bopper band, they would be more loved and respected in the world of rock/metal music.

That being said, I have no problem with theatrics, but there is a such thing as overkill.

Actually Kiss meets the Phantoms is a fine piece of American Cinema...

to boot when Kiss was sound checking at the Frank Erwin Center in December of 2009 and asked us stagehands what we would like to hear I hollered "RIP and DESTROY"

for a moment there was an uncomfortable silence... then they played something else.

theres my Kiss story.

anydamn way, my new Gibby will be here at my front door Friday.... the... anticipation!!!!

A fine piece....I can't believe I still have it on VHS. It doesn't suck, but it ain't something to brag about either.

Paul and Gene take that movie (and everything else they did that "failed") way too seriously. They're like that about everything, including "The Elder" (which is a pretty good record, just bad timing) and "Carnival Of Souls" (one of their best IMHO). If Ace was there, I'm sure he would have cracked up (that is, if he remembered what it was....). I would have, too. Hell, I'm laughing in my seat as I type.

If I was one of those stagehands, I would have said "Play Rip It Out, oh wait, WRONG SPACEMAN!!!!"......And then prepare for Tommy to chase me....

Lemme guess, they played "Love Gun"?

Archived