Gibson Brands Forums

my tribute to the main man that helped me play, JIMI FRICKEN HENDRIX!!!

FenderGuy1

Did you like the guitar? its an LTD M300FM

If you are asking seriously, my answer follows.

If that was just some glib "look at my great gear" line, skip this post.

First off I have no idea what "LTD M300FM" signifies, though it looks like one of the vast ESP range out of Korea or Indonesia - which is to say it could be a Kramer, Schecter or even a Jackson, but is almost certainly an ESP statistically. That being the case, no, I do not like the guitar. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike it, I just am totally ambivalent towards it. Aimed at the heavy metal thrashers, it does nothing for me one way or the other.

I would have been, shall we say, "equally impressed" with that post on a clapped out Squier, a home-made cigar-box geetar, or a rare hand built custom Lipe Soldato through a Dumble OD'verb, it ain't WHAT you play, it's the way you play.....

Like I said - listen back to it and practice out the rough patches.....

.....but props for postin' it.

Guest Farnsbarns

Nice one Nathan. Like Thermionik says, work on the rough bits, stay focused and try not to get hung up on gear, it doesn't matter what guitar you have, it's the playing that matters.

Watch this guy for some tips on playing Hendrix.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/91912-one-for-the-fenderguy/

What camera are you using too?

Look for a wide angle one down the road, you can get some good deals on used ones maybe from friends who are upgrading.

i use my iPod camera, it shoots better HD video than my laptops cam

plus i just recorded a video to Facebook using the Headphone input on my Marshall, it sounds like Slash bridge tone to me, plus i lowered the mic level so it doesnt sound as bad

Nice one Nathan. Like Thermionik says, work on the rough bits, stay focused and try not to get hung up on gear, it doesn't matter what guitar you have, it's the playing that matters.

True that, i don't really care what guitar i have in my hands anyway, but my LTD is my main axe of destruction \m/

As seen here

Guest Farnsbarns

True that, i don't really care what guitar i have in my hands anyway, but my LTD is my main axe of destruction \m/

As seen here

There's nothing wrong with loving a guitar. There's nothing wrong with owning an expensive guitar, or a collection of 'em, but It's your ears, your hands and you that matter to everyone else.

There's nothing wrong with loving a guitar. There's nothing wrong with owning an expensive guitar, or a collection of 'em, but It's your ears, your hands and you that matter to everyone else.

agreed! I still like the guitar for its personality it gave me too, like, a chill guy with an expensive axe

Archived