Gibson Brands Forums

The King

Mojorule

I was reading in Slash's bio that his first guitar was some $20 pawn shop piece handed to him by his grandma, it had only one string. But he claims to have learnt most of the first or second Aerosmith album just on that one stringed guitar.

i'd like to see someone even attempt that !

lol

think his top hat's maybe a but too tight :)

This one appeared in a long line of supposedly funny/bad guitar playing clips, but it became evident as soon as I clicked on it that the guy can really play. He has fantastic right-hand articulation, and even though bass playing is probably the obvious reference, he has almost classical technique even if it is only on one string. He can sing brilliantly too. Thought it sounded great and thought it might raise a few smiles of the less cynical/smirking variety, which it evidently has done. Glad it warmed a few cockles. The concept is still properly funny at one level, though - it's like the film-makers and his friends know how we'll all react initially, but also that we cannot but be wowed into moving past our six-string prejudices. I also love to hear genuine Jamaican English spoken. It's a really intriguing dialect.

Archived