Gibson Brands Forums

woody, election , politics , video

blindboygrunt

in leiu of mojorule's woody thread and the other day i heard a whisper that theres some sort of election going on in america .... have they decided who's won yet ? theres nothing on the news over here about it ......

anyway , made me think of this steve earle song....

j45 sounds abit twangy in places ( as do i) i think 12's are going back on .

throw tomates if u want

mind you dont learn anything

Fat chance of that! They don't have any books on or by Emma Goldman. Though Ragtime might just be tucked away in there somewhere.

Well worth the wait. I think your voice always sounds real. Great stuff. And the guitar not too twangy for the most part. (But out of interest what have you got on at the moment - heavier or lighter strings than 12s?)

Love this song. Got to love the line about old Em. To be honest, I'd never really noticed it from versions by Earle himself, but I think I must have been sort of overdosing on his stuff when I first encountered this song, so a lot of the lyrics have passed me by. Noticed them now though. And chuckled a little bit. I'm sure that your camera's trick of making you appear a lefty is deliberate and symbolic.

Fat chance of that! They don't have any books on or by Emma Goldman. Though Ragtime might just be tucked away in there somewhere.

Well worth the wait. I think your voice always sounds real. Great stuff. And the guitar not too twangy for the most part. (But out of interest what have you got on at the moment - heavier or lighter strings than 12s?)

Love this song. Got to love the line about old Em. To be honest, I'd never really noticed it from versions by Earle himself, but I think I must have been sort of overdosing on his stuff when I first encountered this song, so a lot of the lyrics have passed me by. Noticed them now though. And chuckled a little bit. I'm sure that your camera's trick of making you appear a lefty is deliberate and symbolic.

cheers mister , the song just stuck with me when it came out , el corazon's a great cd ....

the iphone mirrors when it films for some strange reason ...

i have 11's on the guitar , used 12's ,since i started i think ,and this place with all the waffle made me curious to experiment , ..... back to 12's though , the 11's while a teeny tiny bit easier in the fingers , are a little bit 'twangy' as you can here sometime in the video ..... i think a plectrum would help in making less difference but i play with my fingers mostly and can sometimes grab at the strings a little to the detriment of the sound ..... i also grip too tight with my left hand and in can pull the notes sharp...

but at least now i know, i'm a 12's man

thanks for the comments

If it's iMovie you're using you can select a video filter for the clip called 'flipped' and it'll bring you back to being a righty..... you can also normalise the clip and it'll bring up the volumes a bit, sure it'll compress it a bit, but it's already going to get compressed when uploading to YT anyway.

If it's iMovie you're using you can select a video filter for the clip called 'flipped' and it'll bring you back to being a righty..... you can also normalise the clip and it'll bring up the volumes a bit, sure it'll compress it a bit, but it's already going to get compressed when uploading to YT anyway.

But you know the camera flipping is symbolic, PM...

No, on Apple's decision to not implement an automatic flip like other video recording softwares do.

Ah, I see. I am such a follower of General Ludd. I only have experience with Android. No flipping flipping or any such crap. The AGF question was referring to where you'd seen such hilarity, though.

Archived