Gibson Brands Forums

Chris Cornell on a Hummingbird

JuanCarlosVejar

Jesus wept, that sounds like a half-drunk guy in the audience at a concert trying to 'sing' along to a song he doesn't know ... Guitar sound is terrible, he might as well have plugged in a full laminate job with a 20 quid pickup. I hope that crowd got their money back.... That belongs in one of these 'fail' compilation videos.

Jesus wept, that sounds like a half-drunk guy in the audience at a concert trying to 'sing' along to a song he doesn't know ... Guitar sound is terrible, he might as well have plugged in a full laminate job with a 20 quid pickup. I hope that crowd got their money back.... That belongs in one of these 'fail' compilation videos.

Yeah, spot on PM. I was thinking the same, what the hell is he doing given arguably Chris Cornell is one of the greatest rock voices of all time ...

Anyway, here's something better ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92mNH6g1p34

Chris is the guy who should spend 6K on that Epiphone from the other thread and not the cheaper one and 5k worth of drugs, drugs are obviously very bad for him. Here's something that shows you drugs needn't be a bad thing in the right context.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTXyoPVOUso

What a wonderful song! Can't tell you how many times I lay on the floor with my head between the speakers listening to this while in some state of slightly (or greatly) altered reality...

Hadn't listened to it for years until now, when I put on the headphones. Had to scrape myself off the floor by the time it finished. Or was it the ceiling?

What a wonderful song! Can't tell you how many times I lay on the floor with my head between the speakers listening to this while in some state of slightly (or greatly) altered reality...

Hadn't listened to it for years until now, when I put on the headphones. Had to scrape myself off the floor by the time it finished. Or was it the ceiling?

C'mon Nick, pass it around ... !

Had to scrape myself off the floor by the time it finished. Or was it the ceiling?

yea

and the room was almost dark because there was only one green bulb on and the finished record rotated so fulfilled yet you got hungry all 4 of you and crawled

towards the low closet shelves

even darker empty but for this little tin-can which you peeled open before catching a piece of herring between your fingers

in the sweet spiced brine

and it felt like nothing you knew

and it tasted like the whole world

- then came Samba Pa Ti

Ahhh Yes,

Screw the Hummingbird, I'd go back to those days in a heartbeat. Lots of people I've lost would be there, and it was a lot less stressful (for me anyway). Bet my folks were struggling some. No dang smart phone, technology crap that clutters my life. I could be "free" more!!

Aster

yea

and the room was almost dark because there was only one green bulb on and the finished record rotated so fulfilled yet you got hungry all 4 of you and crawled

towards the low closet shelves

even darker empty but for this little tin-can which you peeled open before catching a piece of herring between your fingers

in the sweet spiced brine

and it felt like nothing you knew

and it tasted like the whole world

- then came Samba Pa Ti

Only a Northern European would reach for a tin of herring rather than a box of chocolates when coming to terms with an extreme case of the munchies..... [biggrin]

Only a Northern European would reach for a tin of herring rather than a box of chocolates when coming to terms with an extreme case of the munchies..... [biggrin]

Hot Apple or Blueberry pie and vanilla ice cream was always the ultimate munchies treat ..... I think Gas stations specifically keep them for this reason ...

Hot Apple or Blueberry pie and vanilla ice cream was always the ultimate munchies treat ..... I think Gas stations specifically keep them for this reason ...

Hot chocolate pudding just starting to get a skin on the top......yum!

Don't Bogart that joint, my friend......

Watched the Chris Cornell video again for about 15 seconds & really tried to understand it. Am I missing something with the vocals (like he's singing in "Mumble" language or are my ears just ringing too much from the day)? [confused]

I had my wife listen too and she said "what language is he singing in?" I said I think he's English.

Aster

Watched the Chris Cornell video again for about 15 seconds & really tried to understand it. Am I missing something with the vocals (like he's singing in "Mumble" language or are my ears just ringing too much from the day)? [confused]

I had my wife listen too and she said "what language is he singing in?" I said I think he's English.

Aster

Maybe that's the way you sing when you're so wasted you can't remember the lyrics. Couldn't understand a word of the minute or so I listened to.

Nick - Those small pieces of splashy-fish were all there was, , , , in the entire house, it seemed.

The story is the real thing, but only happened with herrings once - maybe exactly that planted the lasting expression.

They were almost impossible to handle and tasted tremendously intense.

Other records and tunes besides Santana played that night :

Mike Oldfield - Ommadawn

Peter Gabriel - Solsbury Hill

and perhaps even Jessica by A-Brothers

Remember the host wearing a pair of boots for too long - we called them the Bob Dylan boots, , , and later decided to cut them off his feet. Man it was way out there, heha ha ha

The State of Colorado just legalized for recreational use... there are no Doritos on store shelves anywhere. Better get me a Hummingbird. B)

hehe he, , , and the good giggles continue. . . .

Archived