Gibson Brands Forums

Anybody try getting a guitar today??

iwalktheline

I picked-up some Martin strings today at GC. Twenty-five bucks for a dozen sets. I glanced in the guitar room, but didn't see any prices that grabbed my interest. For myself, I've found that the sale prices on guitars can be obtained most any day of the year if they know you're ready to buy. However, on a day like today, some other items can be found for a really decent price.

I went to GC at about 7:30am. They were not real crowded. Later in the day I drove by and the parking lot was jammed. I stayed away from Wal Mart, Target, and all other stores.

I bought Horse feed and later went to a local cafe and listened to a friends music for a few hours. Brian Keith Wallen is the young mans name. Check him out, he plays a mixture of music but leans heavily to the blues side of things.

Black Friday is a good time to stay away from stores in my opinion. Looter mentality going on over a few bucks off of something that you still have to pay for before you leave.

Although I did not get a guitar, I did a pile of good guitar news this weekend:

the seized truss rod in my 1977 guitar I've had over 30 years finally soaked up enough PB Blaster and decided to unseize (saving me from either getting a new neck or chucking the guitar), so it is almost NGD!

AND

I just sealed the deal on a 1976 Telecaster Custom for a really good price from a really nice guy.

So I am on a cloud this weekend!

\:D/

Although I did not get a guitar, I did a pile of good guitar news this weekend:

the seized truss rod in my 1977 guitar I've had over 30 years finally soaked up enough PB Blaster and decided to unseize (saving me from either getting a new neck or chucking the guitar), so it is almost NGD!

AND

I just sealed the deal on a 1976 Telecaster Custom for a really good price from a really nice guy.

So I am on a cloud this weekend!

\:D/

Congrats on both! How long had you been soaking the TR nut in PB?

Congrats on both! How long had you been soaking the TR nut in PB?

The adjustment was in the heel, so I took the neck off and put about 3 drops in and left it upright. The nut hadn't been turned in about 30 years and I tried it about 5 hours after I put those drops in and BAM!

It was in there pretty tight, too. I was afraid I was going to snap the rod, but I hardly needed to put any big force on it. Before the PB I was really putting some muscle on it and getting nowhere. It was nearly a religious experience.

Do you have a frozen truss nut, too?

Archived