Gibson Brands Forums

Best Roadie Ever!

cookieman15061

Gerry Stickells-Jimi Hendrix' roadie who also doubled as a body guard,equipment repair/maintenance guy and most importantly a very loyal friend and confidante.Eric Barrett,Jimi's equipment manager could also fit in this category.

BTW: A very good friend of mine was a roadie for Kim Mitchell and his band Max Webster,in their early years,he also shared an apartment with Pi Dubois, the guy who wrote so many of the great lyrics for Max Webster-especially the beautifully melancholy "Lily" from their first album, which is about an actual person.

Gerry Stickells-Jimi Hendrix' roadie who also doubled as a body guard,equipment repair/maintenance guy and most importantly a very loyal friend and confidante.Eric Barrett,Jimi's equipment manager could also fit in this category.

BTW: A very good friend of mine was a roadie for Kim Mitchell and his band Max Webster,in their early years,he also shared an apartment with Pi Dubois, the guy who wrote so many of the great lyrics for Max Webster-especially the beautifully melancholy "Lily" from their first album, which is about an actual person.

Max Webster was great. They used to tour and hang with Rush (they're still great friends with Kim, especially Alex Lifeson). Pye actually wrote the lyrics for "Tom Sawyer" and a couple other Rush tunes with Neil Peart.

For me, the best roadie ever is Sean Delaney, literally the "fifth member" of KISS.

Roadie was one of his many gigs with the band. He helped structure the shows (including the synchronized movements at the end of "Deuce"), wrote songs (including "Rocket Ride" with Ace Frehley), and was their driver in the early days, among other things. He also produced the Gene Simmons solo album and Double Platinum in 1978.

Unfortunately, Gene and Paul take credit for a lot of the stuff he did, but I think Ace, Peter, and Bill Aucoin have proved them two wrong.

Archived