Gibson Brands Forums

Plain Jane's getting cold!!

Flight959

Guest Farnsbarns

Went round to Pippy's place today. Some shots of my R8 were taken so I will have a nice one to post soon enough. Pippy, if you want to you can post the pic strait up in here.

Guest Farnsbarns

Pippy is a class act.

I hope to meet up with some of you on my trip to Bridgeport next year.msp_thumbup.gif

I for one would be truly delighted to meet up with you.

...Pippy, if you want to you can post the pic strait up in here...

Have you cleared that with the OP?........

Mind you; you're both about the same size so you can sort it out between yourselves....

Even fitted with a set of strings which would have been of interest to Indiana Jones this guitar played and sounded sublime.

Thanks for the fun, Farns.

FarnsR8lo-res.jpg

Thanks for coming around, Farns.

BTW did you leave the Dunlop Jazz III as part payment?...

LOL!

P.

Guest Farnsbarns

Have you cleared that with the OP?........

Mind you; you're both about the same size so you can sort it out between yourselves....

Even fitted with a set of strings which would have been of interest to Indiana Jones this guitar played and sounded sublime.

FarnsR8lo-res.jpg

Thanks for coming around, Farns.

BTW did you leave the Dunlop Jazz III as part payment?...

LOL!

P.

someone finally photographed that grain. Thanks Pippy!

The strings are only about 3 months in but that's about the limit with my sweaty hands.

I only found that pick today after mislaying if for about a year. The universe seems intent on separating me from it.

Thanks again Pippy, it was a pleasant PM.

...Someone finally photographed that grain. Thanks Pippy! ...

I was just happy the guitar stayed put.

...On a more serious note, many great guitars have been photographed on that chair! Farn's being the latest!! ...

Perhaps a new thread topic? " Beautiful Guitars I've had the priviledge to have snapped on that chair" ?

If I can find the earlier images I might post Flight's, Farns' and, if I may, even my own "Plain-tops" on that self-same chair, one after another, as a bit of fun?

:-k

P.

Do it.

Ok. You asked for it...

I've tried to keep the colour balance as neutral and natural as possible between the various shooting days but light changes a bit even in my 'Daylight Studio'....lol!

In chronological build-order (I'm guessing) from my '91 '1960 Classic' to Farns' 2011(?) R8 by way of Flight's 2009(?) G0...

Treaclemed13x17.jpg

FlightsCR013x17.jpg

FarnsR8lo-resv2.jpg

Please believe me when I assure you ALL of these guitars play and sound even better than they look. We three are very fortunate individuals.

On a tangent;

When Farns was around with his guitar today I played his R8 and he commented on how noticeably different it sounded when I played it from when he played it.

Not 'Worse', thankfully, just 'Different'.

Different people get different tone from the same stuff, folks.

Cheers again, Farns. It was fun.

[thumbup]

[wink]

P.

Where's HONEY? [confused]

Sulking.

Bloody Primadonna.

This topic was about your 'Plain-Top' and even although various others were allowed a showing it was 'Plain-Top' or no-show...

Friday might be fine, as it happens! I'll 'phone tomorrow.

P.

Guest Farnsbarns

On a more serious note, many great guitars have been photographed on that chair! Farn's being the latest!!

Lovely grain!!

Regards

I've been inducted into the stool of plain. :D (that's been coming together in my head for a couple of days until it finally bubbled to the top, I do apologise)

Archived