Gibson Brands Forums

Should I get the Epi AJ-500M

brannon67

My local music store has (1) Epi AJ-500M in stock for $479.00 Should I get it or not? I have a Gibson j45 that I play out and for really serious stuff, but the AJ-500 looks and plays great. I sold mine a while back and regret it. I wnated to get this AJ500 so I could leave my J45 home in extreme conditions. For $479, it may be the ticket. What do you guys think?

PS SORRY< ITS THE MASTERBILT.

I would say yes!. I have an AJ500R, and love it so much that I ordered an AJ500M from Musicians Friend. With the discount I had my price is $425ish. It was supposed to be backordered till 11/23, but now I am informed their stock is backordered till 12/8 - so I wait. I played one at a Sam Ash a year ago and fell in love with it then.

Just get it. If you love that one in particular it is worth the extra dough.

My local music store has (1) Epi AJ-500M in stock for $479.00 Should I get it or not? I have a Gibson j45 that I play out and for really serious stuff, but the AJ-500 looks and plays great. I sold mine a while back and regret it. I wnated to get this AJ500 so I could leave my J45 home in extreme conditions. For $479, it may be the ticket. What do you guys think?

PS SORRY< ITS THE MASTERBILT.

Yes. No-brainer. Go now.

I'm past quite happy with my AJ500ME even though some folks say there've been problems with the built-in AE module. No problems from it. I think it sounds great, plays very well... The really odd thing to me is that I got the 220ce and supposedly it's the same size and fits in the same tight cases but... it doesn't feel as comfortable. Sheesh. Life can get strange.

m

Archived